This Day In Rock History

CrazyConnie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This Day In Rock History: May 28th

The four day US Festival ’83 took place in California, featuring The Clash, U2, David Bowie, The Pretenders, Van Halen, Stray Cats, Men At Work, Judas Priest, Stevie Nicks, Willie Nelson. INXS, Joe Walsh, Motley Crue and Ozzy Osbourne. Over 750,000 fans attended the festival.

source: internetfm

CrazyConnie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This Day In Rock History: May 28th

A few albums that was released....

1971 ● Graham Nash —— Songs For Beginners ► Folk-Rock

1977 ● Peter Frampton —— I’m In You ► Arena Rock

1982 ● Glenn Frey —— No Fun Aloud ► Pop-Rock

source: drrocksblog&roll

CrazyConnie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This Day In Rock History: May 29th

1999, Skeletal remains were found by photographers looking for old car wrecks to shoot at the bottom of Decker Canyon near Malibu, California. Based on forensic evidence the remains were Philip Kramer former bassist with rock group Iron Butterfly, who had disappeared on his way home from work on February 12, 1995. His death was ruled as a probable suicide.

source: thisdayinmusic

CrazyConnie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This Day In Rock History: May 29th

1945 Gary Brooker (lead singer of Procol Harum) is born in Hackney, East London, England.

1949 Status Quo frontman Francis Rossi is born in Forest Hill, London, England.

1989 John Cipollina (lead guitarist of Quicksilver Messenger Service) dies at age 45 from Alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency, a genetic disorder that can lead to several diseases including emphysema, liver disease, lung cancer and COPD.

source: calendarsongfacts

CrazyConnie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This Day In Music History: May 29th

Some albums released...

1984 ● Tina Turner —— Private Dancer ► Pop-Rock

1989 ● Trooper —— The Last Of The Gypsys ► Hard Rock

CrazyConnie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This Day In Rock History: May 30th

1980 Carl Radle bass player with Derek and the Dominoes died of kidney failure aged 38. Also worked with Gary Lewis & the Playboys, George Harrison, Joe Cocker, Dave Mason & Delaney and Bonnie.

1987 David Bowie kicked off his 87-date Glass Spider world tour at the Feyenoord Stadium, Rotterdam, Holland. The tour's set, described at the time as "the largest touring set ever," was designed to look like a giant spider. It was 60 feet (18.3m) high, 64 feet (19.5m) wide and included giant vacuumed tube legs that were lit from the inside with 20,000' (6,096m) of color-changing lights. A single set took 43 trucks to move.

2009 Mick Jagger offered to buy an ice cream van but was turned down by its owner - who'd promised his daughter he would drive her to her wedding in it. Guiseppe Della Camera, had spent ten years restoring the rusting van to perfection after he spotted it on a farm - being used as a chicken shed. The restoration was such a success Sir Mick offered to buy the vehicle when he saw it at a show on Wandsworth Common. Camera said, 'Jagger told me he'd really fallen in love with my van and asked me if I would consider selling it. I was stunned when he offered me £100,000.

2019 Singer-songwriter, guitarist, actor Leon Redbone died age 69. Redbone rose to fame in the '70s folk scene when Bob Dylan sought him out at a Canadian music festival. He later performed in several TV commercials, including Budweiser beer, in which he lay on a surfboard singing "This Bud's for You.”

source: thisdayinmusic

CrazyConnie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This Day In Music History: May 30th

A few albums that was released....

1972 ● The Velvet Underground —— Live At Max’s Kansas City ► Alt. Rock

1979 ● Peter Frampton —— Where I Should Be ► Arena Rock

1984 ● Jefferson Starship —— Nuclear Furniture ► Arena Rock

1995 ● Eddie Money —— Love And Money ► Album Rock

CrazyConnie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This Day In Rock History: May 31st

1961 Chuck Berry opens an amusement park that he calls Berry Park, in Wentzville, Missouri near St. Louis. The 30-acre complex features a swimming pool, miniature golf course, Ferris wheel, a children's zoo and a picnic grove with barbecue pits.

source: classicbands

CrazyConnie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This Day In Rock History: May 31st

1948 Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham is born in Redditch, Worcestershire, England.

1961 Jimi Hendrix enlists in the Army and is stationed at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, as a member of the Screaming Eagles fighting squad. He is honorably discharged a little over a year later after breaking his ankle during a parachute jump.

1976 The Who set the record for "World's Loudest Rock Band" when their show in London measures 126 decibels. Guinness later stops certifying the record, concerned about hearing loss.

source: calendarsongfacts

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online