Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Thin Lizzy

Great pictures MP, boy those take me way back...I remember being the only one of my friends that got into Thin Lizzy, Jailbreak being the album and yes the single "The Boys are Back In Town" was the song that I bought the record for.

Great band, and they have stood up really well over the years, not a bad album in the discography.:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Thanks LG..the pics are for all to enjoy but you were one of the guys I had in mind when posting them...thought you'd get a kick...:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am surprised you are not in one of them MP...:heheh:

And I agree with my sage friend Sox about Queen keeping an eye on them when on tour, Thin Lizzy was always about live energy and giving you everything they had.

Reminds me of one of the worst touring match-ups ever made, Van Halen opening for Black Sabbath when they were on the way up...they literally blew Sabbath away from all accounts I've read about that tour.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

No...but I lived in that store growing up..I do remember when Lizzy came, but wasn't there. Was there for many others. :grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^ Tell you what MP I chose not to go see Thin Lizzy on the "Thunder And Lightning" tour and went to see a couple of other bands instead (money was tight) and so I never got to see Lizzy .. I often kick myself for that. :wa

Man alive what a great band.:cheers2

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^ I like it on the Live and Dangerous album as well DKW .. I think they up tempo a little bit. But yeah Johnny The Fox is a dynamite album IMO.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

^^ I like it on the Live and Dangerous album as well DKW .. I think they up tempo a little bit. But yeah Johnny The Fox is a dynamite album IMO.

Absolutely, that is such a great live album. Thin Lizzy was an amazing live band. Not that I got to see them w/ Phil of course but I have Live and Dangerous and two DVDs one from the Thunder And Lighting tour and The Boys are Back in Town. Both are also stellar performances. I think we discussed this before but even the 80's stuff is awesome..... WAY underrated.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online