Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

Vic2010

Reaction score
Re: Thin Lizzy

I agree wholeheartedly about Gorham. Very underrated. He's also the best interview in the videos I posted above. Seems easygoing and willing to let bygones be bygones.

I've watched the interviews on the L&D DVD with Scott and the two Brians. Scott really has his head screwed on straight. Robbo, otoh has got issues (from what I can tell). You hear him say some things and you wonder why he won't let it go. Who knows?

Honestly though I really like the concert of "Are You Ready" (Rockpalast) a lot more than the L&D concert. Snowy White was a good guitarist but Scott is better (imo).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

When I do one of my band threads I try to go in chronological order as much as possible, but in this case seeing it's been neglected,,,(By Me...:bonk:),,,I'll just post the albums as I play them.:D

After reading Vic's post I played Chinatown last night, and it's been a long long time since I enjoyed that one. I love the cover art as well, and it's a good reflection of the quality In the jacket too.

Hey You.

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

I want to get "Fighting" and "Nightlife" next. Not sure if I'll get the Live & Dangerous CD though. I'm not a big live album fanatic to begin with and two concert DVDs scratches that itch anyway. But I know everyone raves about that album so I'll probably end up getting it.

I will say this though, since watching the two Lizzy DVDs I got recently I'll just say that Scott Gorham was the unsung hero/guitarist of that band.

Im happy to hear you are finding out about this amazing band..
get L and D its the best live album ever

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

When I do one of my band threads I try to go in chronological order as much as possible, but in this case seeing it's been neglected,,,(By Me...:bonk:),,,I'll just post the albums as I play them.:D

After reading Vic's post I played Chinatown last night, and it's been a long long time since I enjoyed that one. I love the cover art as well, and it's a good reflection of the quality In the jacket too.

Hey You.

It makes one wonder how come other bands cant be as great as Thin Lizzy.. they made it look so easy.. the songs are so timeless..

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^Fantastic album and "Sugar Blues" is just unreal.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

^^Fantastic album and "Sugar Blues" is just unreal.

Thanks Sox..

we know "the sugar blues" are what got Phil hooked.. I wish like Phil said " I have got to give it up...that stuff"

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^ Phil was a Poet IMO T/L Fan and sometimes his words are painfully sad. Opium Trail is another song that gives us a glimpse of his inner anguish. A much missed guy.

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

^^^ Phil was a Poet IMO T/L Fan and sometimes his words are painfully sad. Opium Trail is another song that gives us a glimpse of his inner anguish. A much missed guy.

absolutly...one of the best poets and lyricists ever.. and he was so forthright in showing his pain

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.