Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score
Re: Thin Lizzy

Actually Robertson was only in Motorhead for one album, Another Perfect Day,
beginning in 1982 ,he was already out by 1983.
Lemmy and Phil Taylor just could not get along with Brain at all.
He did things like wore pink on stage ,seemly just to piss Lemmy off, and bad mouth Motorhead as a band almost from day one.

I meant "remained outside of Lizzy"(sorry, I didnt type that corectly) .. they never offered his job back..even though he was not employed..and Scott wanted him back in the band.. Phil never got over it..I think if the timing wa different, he may have been back, but Phil then found Sykes after the Gary and Snowy time..its a shame, who knows what would have been...but nothing would have changed as far as Phil and his appettite for the the partying life..

as far as the Motorhead stint.. part of me think Phils friendship with Lemme might have had something to do with Brian leaving..I was lucky enough to see Brian with Lizzy..

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Some of my favorite Thin Lizzy albums are from the 80's and are
Robertson-less :bonk: So I am OK with his departure. He is and was a great guitar player and some of Lizzy's best material was recorded with Brian ,but
I like all of TL's different guitar player combos/ eras.

So many great musicians spend time in Lizzy.

Rocker440

Reaction score

A couple more terrific, long time favorite Thin Lizzy songs! :grinthumb

:cheers2

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score

I didn't realize Youtube had the interview I mentioned earlier from the Live And Dangerous dvd. It's pretty interesting if you have the time. It's broken up into 5 parts.

Vic2010

Reaction score

I'm new 'round here so I apologize for not reading through the entire thread. I'm currently on a Thin Lizzy binge. I'm that way, I go on binges every couple of months or so. My last binge was Metallica, and before that it was Iron Maiden.

I've been a Thin Lizzy fan for a lot of years but haven't gotten too many of their albums. For years I've only had Jailbreak, Bad Reputation, Johnny The Fox, and an old compilation titled "Remembering Part 1" (or something). I found "Chinatown" in a store. Played it and was blown away by how much it rocked. The harmony leads just knocked me over (not that they haven't in the past, but on this album they just kicked my a**). To make a long story short, over the past couple weeks I've gotten: Black Rose, Renegade, Thunder & Lightning, and two concert DVDs. I'm really enjoying those two albums with Snowy White.

Glad I found this forum. I've got a lot of reading and catching up to do.

Rock On!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

That's very cool you're getting into Thin Lizzy as much as you are....they're a GREAT band!!

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score

I'm new 'round here so I apologize for not reading through the entire thread. I'm currently on a Thin Lizzy binge. I'm that way, I go on binges every couple of months or so. My last binge was Metallica, and before that it was Iron Maiden.

I've been a Thin Lizzy fan for a lot of years but haven't gotten too many of their albums. For years I've only had Jailbreak, Bad Reputation, Johnny The Fox, and an old compilation titled "Remembering Part 1" (or something). I found "Chinatown" in a store. Played it and was blown away by how much it rocked. The harmony leads just knocked me over (not that they haven't in the past, but on this album they just kicked my a**). To make a long story short, over the past couple weeks I've gotten: Black Rose, Renegade, Thunder & Lightning, and two concert DVDs. I'm really enjoying those two albums with Snowy White.

Glad I found this forum. I've got a lot of reading and catching up to do.

Rock On!

I know exactly where you're coming from. My Thin Lizzy collection was all on LPs and those have either been sold, lost, or scratched beyond recognition through the years and I've just recently been rebuilding my overall collection. Thin Lizzy topped my list. I had Dedication and Jailbreak on CD and that was it. In the last month I've added Thunder And Lightning, Chinatown, Live And Dangerous, Bad Reputation, and Nightlife to the line-up, along with the Live And Dangerous DVD. The next order will bring Renegade, Fighting and Johnny The Fox or Black Rose, haven't decided between the last 2 yet.:grinthumb

Earlier I had filled out my Blue Oyster Cult collection. After Thin Lizzy, I'm going for UFO. I miss having their albums around.

Vic2010

Reaction score

I know exactly where you're coming from. My Thin Lizzy collection was all on LPs and those have either been sold, lost, or scratched beyond recognition through the years and I've just recently been rebuilding my overall collection. Thin Lizzy topped my list. I had Dedication and Jailbreak on CD and that was it. In the last month I've added Thunder And Lightning, Chinatown, Live And Dangerous, Bad Reputation, and Nightlife to the line-up, along with the Live And Dangerous DVD. The next order will bring Renegade, Fighting and Johnny The Fox or Black Rose, haven't decided between the last 2 yet.:grinthumb

Earlier I had filled out my Blue Oyster Cult collection. After Thin Lizzy, I'm going for UFO. I miss having their albums around.

I want to get "Fighting" and "Nightlife" next. Not sure if I'll get the Live & Dangerous CD though. I'm not a big live album fanatic to begin with and two concert DVDs scratches that itch anyway. But I know everyone raves about that album so I'll probably end up getting it.

I will say this though, since watching the two Lizzy DVDs I got recently I'll just say that Scott Gorham was the unsung hero/guitarist of that band.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score

I want to get "Fighting" and "Nightlife" next. Not sure if I'll get the Live & Dangerous CD though. I'm not a big live album fanatic to begin with and two concert DVDs scratches that itch anyway. But I know everyone raves about that album so I'll probably end up getting it.

I will say this though, since watching the two Lizzy DVDs I got recently I'll just say that Scott Gorham was the unsung hero/guitarist of that band.

I agree wholeheartedly about Gorham. Very underrated. He's also the best interview in the videos I posted above. Seems easygoing and willing to let bygones be bygones.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online

No members online now.