Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Thin Lizzy

Didn't know that TLF, then again a lot of this stuff slips by me these days...I find it easier to live in the past with my old bands.:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

You make a good point Sox, many bands have changed members and continued on touring playing the material that made them famous. I just feel in Skynyrd and Lizzy's case I like the originals so much and grew up with them I can't help comparing the the latest incarnation with the original band.

I know it's hard not to LG those original singers were so dear to everyone but I guess the important thing is the surviving/remaining musicians or band members carry on, so long as the respect is there. They would be the first to aknowledge the real glory days, I am sure. :grinthumb

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score

Got a question for all the Thin Lizzy fans:

Why doesn't Brian Robertson take part in all these various reunions? You guys have mentioned Brian Downey, Scott Gorham, John Sykes, Darren Wharton and even Gary Moore, from what I've read, has played with them from time to time. But it seems Robertson never does. Or have I missed that?:wtf:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Got a question for all the Thin Lizzy fans:

Why doesn't Brian Robertson take part in all these various reunions? You guys have mentioned Brian Downey, Scott Gorham, John Sykes, Darren Wharton and even Gary Moore, from what I've read, has played with them from time to time. But it seems Robertson never does. Or have I missed that?:wtf:

I don't really know per say but if Lemmy's accounts of Brian Robertson are
to be trusted, and I'd say they are (MO), then Brian is a very unusual person
and very hard to get on with. That could have something to do with it.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score

I don't really know per say but if Lemmy's accounts of Brian Robertson are
to be trusted, and I'd say they are (MO), then Brian is a very unusual person
and very hard to get on with. That could have something to do with it.

I got some of that from the interviews that are on the Live And Dangerous DVD. Robertson came across to me as still somewhat bitter about song writing royalties and just about half the songs he talked about he said he didn't like. Although he did say that Brian Downey was his favorite drummer to play with. Gorham, on the other hand, seemed very gracious and funny. He even paid Robertson a compliment by saying that Brian was better on the guitar than he was at the time.

I wonder if Robertson has even been asked to return. It would be a shame if he or they couldn't put aside their differences after all these years.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Hmmm...a tempermental musician where have I heard That before...:heheh:

I don't know much about the current status of the band, I admit I really fell off the Thin Lizzy map when Phil passed away...

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

I got some of that from the interviews that are on the Live And Dangerous DVD. Robertson came across to me as still somewhat bitter about song writing royalties and just about half the songs he talked about he said he didn't like. Although he did say that Brian Downey was his favorite drummer to play with. Gorham, on the other hand, seemed very gracious and funny. He even paid Robertson a compliment by saying that Brian was better on the guitar than he was at the time.

I wonder if Robertson has even been asked to return. It would be a shame if he or they couldn't put aside their differences after all these years.

Brian did take part in Garys Phll Tribute a few years back.. but, I agree, Brian left the band, and kicked around until Motorhead as we know.. and thats where he remained, outside of Lizzy.. to me it goes back to his bitterness of being kicked out by Phil after he cut his ahdn in that bar fight as the band was about to explode into super stardom... Brian was replaced by Gary..and to me that is the rub..it was nice that Gary and Brian are friends now.. BOTH are fiery, unique, cocky players..
Phil ruled that band with an iron fist, and with the eye on perfection.. the other rub was Phil was flawed and overlooked his own demons.. but pointed out others..

losing RJD is the toughest loss for me since Phil, and Kurt, and the loss of the Ramones..

Last edited:

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

Hmmm...a tempermental musician where have I heard That before...:heheh:

I don't know much about the current status of the band, I admit I really fell off the Thin Lizzy map when Phil passed away...

I agree LG, No Phil = no Lizzy.. but its nice that the band tours as a TRIBUTE to Phil..not as a real band.. they like to make that distinction..they are not claiming to ever be as great as Phil, just allowing his music to touch other generations..

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Brian left the band for Motorhead as we know.. and thats where he remains..

Actually Robertson was only in Motorhead for one album, Another Perfect Day,
beginning in 1982 ,he was already out by 1983.
Lemmy and Phil Taylor just could not get along with Brain at all.
He did things like wore pink on stage ,seemly just to piss Lemmy off, and bad mouth Motorhead as a band almost from day one.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online