Oblivion

Reaction score
103-703667NEWBU.jpg

Official Website

Fever to Tell (2003)
Show Your Bones (2006)
It's Blitz! (2009)
Mosquito (2013)

Yeah Yeah Yeahs is a Grammy nominated American alternative rock group. The band has recorded three studio albums; the first, Fever to Tell, was released in 2003. The second, Show Your Bones, was released in 2006 and was named the second best album of the year by NME. Their third studio album, It's Blitz!, was released on March 31, 2009.
It's Blitz! is one of my fav albums of the year 2009 actually.
The album was named as the second best of 2009 by Spin Magazine and third best of 2009 by NME along with "Zero" from the album listed as the best track of the year by both.

Oh and by the way, the cover of It's Blitz looks like this:
Yeah-yeah-yeahs-its-blitz.jpg

:D does it belong in best album covers or worst, I have no clue.. :lmao:

Ah well :) Hope you all like the music..​

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You already know my perspective on the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs....they are OK. I think the reason I am not that impressed with them is the vocals, they are too punkish for my tastes. You know who I do like in place of them, though :D

Guano Apes :)

Oblivion

Reaction score
You already know my perspective on the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs....they are OK. I think the reason I am not that impressed with them is the vocals, they are too punkish for my tastes. You know who I do like in place of them, though :D

Guano Apes :)

:) She has a good voice though, but indeed, she has a punk kinda' style.

I'll do a thread on the guano apes later :p

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'll see if I can find a copy of Blitz and check it out OB.:tup:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Love Karen O and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, I fell for them after seeing them play an open lot on the streets of Brooklyn. My favorite is the original EP Yeah Yeah Yeahs

f20249eyhxi.jpg

although I love Fever to Tell. The last two are pretty good also. Also if you are going to pick up "It's Blitz!'s" get the one with the extra acoustic tracks- I really like them. KAren O is a great performer too always fun to take pictures of although back in the day you didn't want to get too close cause she might drool on you:

386172528_9158250f18.jpg

1047519772_781b1e7a14.jpg

1046677961_a22657dd71.jpg

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Good band! I prefer the manic 1st album. they have tamed down a lot since then...........favouirite track..y control [reminds me of SIOUXSIE + THE BANSHEES]

PizzaFace

Not a Noob, I SWEAR!
Reaction score
I find them trying a little too hard to look and act like artists, but that Maps single awhile back really grew on me like a fungus, even all it is kinda a emo love ballad imo

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Showing some love for YEAH YEAH YEAHS.......really good band,make good albums...surely there must be more fans of this band on CRF ? :grinthumb

Y Control / Zero

Redneck

punk
Reaction score
Wow never heard of them but their songs are in my style...
...on this forum I suddenly understood how far is Russia from music

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online

No members online now.