The Who (Official Thread)

Leslie West

Reaction score
Pete Townsend and Roger Daltrey showed up on the London early evening local television news yesterday Tuesday 19th November after being filmed earlier in the day both in Camden Town in north London to give a very brief interview on the opening of "The Camden Town Walk of Fame" to celebrate the areas connection with rock music with the 'Roundhouse' music venue being only a few hundred yards along Chalk Farm road beyond Camden Lock market plus a number of bands and artists that are or were associated with the Camden Town area such as The Clash, Madness, Amy Winehouse and The Who themselves. A engraved Who paving stone was laid outside Camden Town tube (underground) station the first of several to be laid.

The Camden Town area in north London along with the nearby Camden market is a major tourist attraction area especially during the weekends with many thousands of tourists thronging the areas market along with it's small number of restaurants, pubs and bars also the area has small number of music venues such as the Jazz Club, the Electric ballroom and the Camden Pally.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Last saw The Who in Dublin, ten or so years ago...still quite spectacular..and the first time at Charlton's Ground with our kid....summat special was that.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Let's See Action.

Bargain.
As practically a life-long Stones fan..only The Who seem to register with me...in terms of Youth Anthems....

Leslie West

Reaction score
I have been re-watching The Who live at the Isle of Wight festival in 1970 again and they were f*****g EXCELLENT!!.

Couldn't take my eyes off Keith most of the time and his drumming and Pete had a style all of his own plenty of scissor kicks and arm windmills along with Roger aka Tommy twirling the mic and looking every bit like a 'rock god' with only John aka The Ox just standing stock still watching both Moon & Townshend.

Possibly underrated Who songs that worked well in a live concert setting both Water & ***** Eye.

Last edited:

Leslie West

Reaction score
It was reported on BBC radio 4 this morning (14/10/20) that Pete Townshend use to smash his guitar on stage and then glue it back together again shock horror!!.

That's nothing new I read years ago that Ritchie Blackmore of Deep Purple would routinely smash a old Stratocaster at the end of a set and then get his guitar tech the late Ron Quinton to glue the pieces back together again for the next gig.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonyGN

Members online