The Who - "Endless Wire"

aerozep

Reaction score
Well,in case you haven't guessed it,it's the Who,and they have a new collection of original music for us...."ENDLESS WIRE"
Look,I love the Who,they're def one of my favs....and they are one of the greatest live acts ever to hit the stage.I saw them in '74 with the original band before Zak Starkey(although he is great)I saw them in '89 and I saw them in 2003 with Robert Plant as the opener,that show was blistering....
but.....their new music....well...let's just say they shouldn't have.
I have heard some of their current live performances,and in fact along with their new cd is a dvd of new live stuff...it's time to become a thing of the past.Enough with the rock operas,it's not done anymore and it's boring.
Believe me this hurts me to write this but when you listen to the new stuff you will def understand why I am writing this.
I truly hope someone likes the new music...really I do.I have played it all the way through at least five time..I like two songs..
Buyer beware !

LONG LIVE THE STONES....Their last cd was their best in years...go Mick & Keith...go Paul...go Rod...go Eric...go Robert.
PEACE :wa:

Buff

~going mobile~
Reaction score
Re: Who' Back

I'm about as big a Who fan as it gets, and I too am not terribly impressed with Endless Wire (what I've heard of it so far). Might be psychological with me, tho, as it just doesn't seem like The Who without Ox (it was bad enough when Moon passed). We'll see, I'll give it a try, after all, no one really like Tommy when they first heard it either.

The Who are due here in a week, but I'm not going. :wa: I'm 17 weeks PG and not exactly a good idea to be wrestling a crowd or taking in the, um, "air" at a concert. We'll see what those reviews say.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score

Any Real Who fan should buy their newest cd!
Crikey....it is their first new material for eons.....Get With It People!!!!

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score

AS much as I love The Who. They really NEED to hang it up. Roger's voice is horrendous.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score

I don't know if I'd blame Roger's voice.
I think he puts his back into it as much as can be expected. I think the material all reminds me of stuff I like better - a LOT better. better songs made by younger men. I think they made the new album to prove they could do it. they proved it. job well done. I'm sure glad I don't have to listen to it!

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score

When I heard the "new bonus tracks" on their recent hits comp, I knew that both Daltry and Townshend had permanently lost their edge. I have no desire to hear the new CD. They just have too much to try to live up to behind them. How does one top Who's Next or Quadraphenia??? I would hate to have to try.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score

No longer morbidly curious. Heard just a few cuts from it and am now just feeling morbid.

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score

Someone just gave me Endless Wire. Not something I would have been inclined to pick up, but it was a gift, given with the best of intentions, so I gave it a listen. Its ok, but not great. Usually, I would be inclinded to listen over and over to give it a chance to soak in, but this time I am more inclined to get Quadrophenia on disc.

Thing is, it's really just not the Who. I dont want to start the old when does a band cease to be a band debate, but the band is missing half its original members. I know Daltry and Townshend are the face of the Who to many, but when you really listen, the music is defintely lacking without Moon and Entwistle. Especially their live recordings. Townshend and Daltry will never be able to come close to creating something like Live At Leeds all by themselves.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online