Wiki Link

1965 Take It Easy with The Walker Brothers
1966 Portrait
1967 Images
1975 No Regrets
1976 Lines
1978 Nite Flights

Scott Walker has a great voice :grinthumb

The Walker Brothers were an American 1960s and 1970s pop group, comprising Scott Engel (eventually known professionally as Scott Walker), John Walker (born John Maus, but using the name Walker since his teens), and Gary Leeds (eventually known as Gary Walker). After moving to Britain they had a number of top ten albums and singles there in the mid 1960s, including the #1 chart hits "Make It Easy on Yourself" and "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine (Anymore)", both of which also made the US top twenty.

Formed in 1964, the three unrelated musicians adopted the 'Walker Brothers' name as a show business touch - "simply because we liked it". They provided a unique counterpoint to the British Invasion in that they were a group from the United States that achieved much more substantial success in the United Kingdom than in their home country, during the period when the popularity of British bands such as The Beatles dominated the US.

Last edited by a moderator:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Love The Walker's Sunny ! Lovely deep vocals ! Sexy too ! Phewww

perfect music !

The Sun aint gonna shine is my fav !

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Thought this thread could use a bit more love...good sounds!! :grinthumb

Updated a bit and bumped :cheers2

moniquebliss

Banned
Reaction score
I've heard their songs and I must say that they are definitely good and how I wish I exist on that era and I guess on that year I am their big fan.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
wow wee the Walker Brothers

The+Walker+Brothers+walkerbrothers.jpg

Wiki Link

1965 Take It Easy with The Walker Brothers
1966 Portrait
1967 Images
1975 No Regrets
1976 Lines
1978 Nite Flights

Scott Walker has a great voice :grinthumb

The Walker Brothers were an American 1960s and 1970s pop group, comprising Scott Engel (eventually known professionally as Scott Walker), John Walker (born John Maus, but using the name Walker since his teens), and Gary Leeds (eventually known as Gary Walker). After moving to Britain they had a number of top ten albums and singles there in the mid 1960s, including the #1 chart hits "Make It Easy on Yourself" and "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine (Anymore)", both of which also made the US top twenty.

Formed in 1964, the three unrelated musicians adopted the 'Walker Brothers' name as a show business touch - "simply because we liked it". They provided a unique counterpoint to the British Invasion in that they were a group from the United States that achieved much more substantial success in the United Kingdom than in their home country, during the period when the popularity of British bands such as The Beatles dominated the US.

sorry sunny just found the thread :omg::bow:

Last edited:

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
I'm watching a documentary about Scott and the making of his music. I've always been aware that he is a complex character and completely at odds with his pop star status in the mid '60s. I'm sure I could get into some of his music - very deep and dark. The thing he said that knocked me back was after the music had been produced and committed to distribution he never wanted to listen to it again. ie his work was done.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I'm watching a documentary about Scott and the making of his music. I've always been aware that he is a complex character and completely at odds with his pop star status in the mid '60s. I'm sure I could get into some of his music - very deep and dark. The thing he said that knocked me back was after the music had been produced and committed to distribution he never wanted to listen to it again. ie his work was done.

@Johnny-Too-Good you`ll surely get into his music there`s a five album box set its about£10 pic below.

Attachments

• 51QZoU9h5WL._AC_US160_.jpg
    51QZoU9h5WL._AC_US160_.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 7

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online