The Vines

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Are they still a band? I liked their first album "Highly Evolved"
I liked the more mellow stuff Mary Jane and Autumn Shade.
Saw their first tour of America at the Mercury Lounge, NYC and it was all executives and very few fans. The execs were talking in the backround during the show and Craig, lead singer, was pissed. He stormed off after the set. Good to see they are still together.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Craig the singer had a meltdown at a local pub gig in Sydney and the band broke up for a while. He was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome and told by his doc to quit the junk food and marijuana. He seem to be OK now. I am not sure if they are still together as a band. I saw them before I left Australia to travel but I was hoping to see them again.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Actually just looked it up. Read about the Aspergers Syndrome. They still do records and play live. Wouldn't mind seeing thm again.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Their last album was released last year IIRC. The Vines are a good grunge-esque rock band, I only have Vision Valley but it's very listenable and accessible which is a triumph for the sort of music it is IMO :grinthumb

Reaction score
I never got into The Vines that much... I've always really liked "Ride" but I haven't really been that tempted to check anything else out, well... besides what's been posted which I liked, but I'm a bit indifferent to them:)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.