The Turtles are way more interesting than I'd anticipated.

Sean Hunt

Guitar is my gospel, I preach with my picking hand
Reaction score
Any fans of The Turtles here? They're so fun! And there's way more to them than most people know, including all of the comedy songs and their concept album, "The Battle of the Bands" in which they spoof a different style of band on each song.

About 10 years ago, The Turtles featuring Flo and Eddie came to my hometown in Sandy Utah and my mom bought the whole family tickets, which was not something we'd usually be able to afford. I had already been obsessed with researching classic rock bands but I, like many others I assume, had thought they are a one or 2 hit wonder. But there is so much more to them so I made a little mini-doc that talks about their history, the funny adventures and the content of their albums.

I'd really appreciate any opinions and I'd love to hear your story about how you became a fan of the band.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I have a Greatest Hits album as well as their 1st album "It ain't me babe", which has got some interesting songs not found on the Greatest Hits album of mine.

The biggest disappointment for me with the Turtles is the Radio keeps playing "Happy Together" or "Elenora" all the time. Not that I'm saying their bad songs, though they have a lot of great songs which just gets missed.

Arkie

Reaction score
Any fans of The Turtles here? They're so fun! And there's way more to them than most people know, including all of the comedy songs and their concept album, "The Battle of the Bands" in which they spoof a different style of band on each song.

About 10 years ago, The Turtles featuring Flo and Eddie came to my hometown in Sandy Utah and my mom bought the whole family tickets, which was not something we'd usually be able to afford. I had already been obsessed with researching classic rock bands but I, like many others I assume, had thought they are a one or 2 hit wonder. But there is so much more to them so I made a little mini-doc that talks about their history, the funny adventures and the content of their albums.

I'd really appreciate any opinions and I'd love to hear your story about how you became a fan of the band.

You havent been here since April but i find it interesting that your mom would buy tickets to a show like this. Flo and Eddie are a few notches above a PG rating lol My mom would say hell no. Heres their version of the Radio Announcers Test.

Arkie

Reaction score
YT has a lot of their stuff removed , it took me awhile to find that ^^^

RedSG

Reaction score
I'm a Turtles fan. They were my 2nd rock concert back in 1969. It was them, Three Dog Night and Hoyt Axton. I saw them again in the Happy Together Tour, only the main two singers, Howard and Mark, weren't there. The singer from The Archies, Cuff Links, and record producer, Ron Dante, took over doing the lead vocals on the Turtles hits.

Rock1960s

Reaction score
Thanks for your lovely post. Turtles are one of those less known heroes who created the magic of the 60s along with the titans. It was the time music was on an endless road of discovery. One shouldn't be upset that Happy Together and Elenore get most of radio coverage. They are materpieces ! There are lots of similar examples . One does not have to know every thing Monkees or, say, David McWilliams, did but Daydream Believer and Days of Pearly Spencer are timeless gems.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online