The Top 5 Most Anticipated Music Documentaries

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
5. Happy: The Story of Keith Richards
Director: Johnny Depp

It’s been nearly 15 years since Johnny Depp has ventured beyond acting to direct a film, but his love for Keith Richards is drawing him back into the director’s chair. With momentum behind Keith’s story, being fueled in part by the release of his 2010 autobiography Life, the 66-year-old guitarist will spill more on his legendary rock and roll indulgences and contributions to his fellow Pirates of the Carribean cohort. Depp described the film to EW as a cross between “The Godfather and a painting by Italian artist (Michelangleo Merisi da) Caravaggio.” With a Rolling Stones reunion tour planned this year, as well as Depp’s numerous film projects in 2011, it might be some time before we know what that actually means.

I am looking forward to the above documentary.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
This is the one I want to see.:grinthumb
If you've bought a rock record in the last 40 years, you know Storm.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I'd maybe rent #1 and #5 at some point, couldn't give two shits about the other 3. And even in saying that, I think that the Harrison one would be a nice watch, but a bit boring as well. While I love the guy's career, he wasn't exactly a fountain of personality and charisma. A docu on Paul would be a LOT more interesting to me (Jm2CW)

ecisgod

Reaction score
Living in the Material World:George Harrison - directed Martin Scorses
and the Johnny Depp - "Happy" - Keith Richards both look very promising!

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
I'm kinda curious, I remember reading over a year ago now that Jeff Lynne and Dhani Harrison were considering going through some more of George Harrison's old tapes to see if they could create another George album...

Wonder if that talk will come back when this doco comes out? :think:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online