Albums
1991 The Tea Party
1993 Splendor Solis
1995 The Edges of Twilight
1997 Transmission
1999 Triptych
2001 The Interzone Mantras
2004 Seven Circles​

The Tea Party is a Canadian rock band from Windsor, Ontario. Their sound consisted of blues, progressive rock, Indian and Middle Eastern influences and vocalist, Jeff Martin, produced all of their albums.

They were signed to music label, EMI, in 1993, releasing their first album under a major label, Splendor Solis.

The band enjoyed huge success during their years together before disbanding over creative differences in 2005. Bassist, Stuart Chatwood, composes music for the Prince of Persia video game series, and vocalist, Jeff Martin, continued on with his solo career before forming his new band, The Armada.

Anyone else think Jeff Martin is quite the perfect specimen?

onion10.gif

He looks like Jim Morrison in some videos.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Tea Party

I remember watching a live performance with a symphony orchestra a few years ago, but I don't have any of their albums...another band that slipped past me.:think:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I remember these, think I have a cd single somewhere, I met them once when I went to an EMI launch party for new music, I believe I had a discussion about Zeppelin with them lol:)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

They sound good to me....now i will have to check out Jeff Martins new band THE ARMADA

joe

Reaction score

I was going to do a thread on these guys. The search button is my friend after all.:D

Thier first album was very hard to find due to limited copies. Splendor Solis and The Edge Of Twilight was thier peak IMO as on thier fourth album the band took a slightly different direction towards a pompous electronic shiny hard rock.

The band was often compared to Zeppelin and the Doors with vocalist/guitarist Jeff Martin resembling Jim Morrison in looks and in voice. The band was quite successful here in Canada during the mid 90's.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score

Great band, I got Splendor Solis and The Edges of Twilight

Save Me from their second one:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
What ever happened to THE TEA PARTY ? Well vocalist Jeff Martin made an album under the name ARMADA and more recently another as JEFF MARTIN 777 . I tell you he still is making fine music....check these tracks out !:grinthumb
.....looks like a reunion of THE TEA PARTY is happening watch this space

The Cobra/Queen of spades

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online