The Strokes - Angles (2011)

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Okay, so this is the new and improved thread to post reviews of Angles, now that people (like myself) are actually starting to recieve it in hard copy. I love it soooo much and I would actually probably give it an 8.5/10 :)

1. Machu Picchu
2. Under Cover of Darkness
3. Two Kinds of Happiness
4. You're So Right
5. Taken For a Fool
6. Games
7. Call Me Back
8. Gratisfaction
9. Metabolism
10. Life Is Simple in the Moonlight

Lemme know guys! :grinthumb

The-Strokes-Angles-Artwork1.jpg

Syd

Reaction score
Re: Angles - The Strokes

I really liked it a lot. I wasn't expecting much, but it has classic Strokes catchy-but-still-rocking-awesome songs like 'Gratisfaction' and 'Undercover of Darkness'. Those songs transport me to another era in music. The vibe of those is so different from anything that is being done today.

Then we hear some stuff that seems a lot like Julian's solo album, with electronic-ish songs. I kinda liked the change they hve done, and it's a great step forward to their development as musicians.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

I really liked it a lot. I wasn't expecting much, but it has classic Strokes catchy-but-still-rocking-awesome songs like 'Gratisfaction' and 'Undercover of Darkness'. Those songs transport me to another era in music. The vibe of those is so different from anything that is being done today.

Then we hear some stuff that seems a lot like Julian's solo album, with electronic-ish songs. I kinda liked the change they hve done, and it's a great step forward to their development as musicians.
100% Agree w/ you....LONG LIVE THE STROKES! :D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I get my copy tomorrow. So I will be giving my review on it either tomorrow or the day after.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

Let it be known that 'Angles', the new album by The Strokes, has now officially been released nationwide in the U.S.A.!!!

Happy release everybody! :D

THE WAIT IS OVER!!!

Reaction score

Finally got it after an EXCRUCIATING wait and its AMAZING!!! i absolutley loved it!!! I'd give it a 8/10 not the best, not the worst. It's got a new sound but at the same time u still get that strokes feeling that u get from all the other ones.

in my opinion this is how it goes...

1.Room On Fire
2.Is This It
3.Angles
4.First Impressions Of Earth

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom