The Stranglers (Official Thread)

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Crikey 2 year bump here!
First saw The Stranglers at The Hope & Anchor..then on a bill with The Clash and Sham 69- i think.
Very impressed that a punk band saluted the Morris 1000 car in their opening lines.
The Stranglers - Get A Grip....
Wasn't until the early 1980's i saw them again..by this time Big Country and The Eurythmics were the kids on the block.
However the 1984 Aural Sculpture album proved very listenable.
The Stranglers - North Winds Blowing.
By the late 80's things had softened and the appeal was all but gone...this about sums up the fact that punk went pop.
The Stranglers - Big In America.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
A few smashers.
The Stranglers - Dagenham Dave.
The Stranglers - Hanging Around.
The real thing- that ceiling was very low in the H&A and when the sweat started the phlegm on the ceiling loosened...that's why i drank cans in their.
As it was.

E-Z

Reaction score
Dave Greenfield keyboard player with the band passed away on 03/05/20 age 71 as reported on BBC radio-4 at 6:27pm (London time) on 04/05/20

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
WTF?? Very flippin' sad news man.
This year is becoming a bad one indeed!
In the past, i went to see The Stranglers many times...and they gave great 'record representation'...sounding very much like album or single. Free Anti **** Concert, saw JJB strip off..and saw him nut a ***** who got lippy.It was Dave Greenfields keyboard work that gave them 'their' sound. I was aware that they were not young punks in early '77...which gave them the edge in good mature song writing...all of them had 'that look'..which was a recipe for great things.
I salute you Dave and ta for providing much to my life soundtrack.
Walk On By...
Evident pop wonder..RIP my old mucker.

Reactions: E-Z

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Released... a tribute single to Dave Greenfield, who sadly passed this time last year... Great to hear something new and the sentiment of this record shows the bands and fans love of punks greatest keyboard player.
The Stranglers -... And If You Should See Dave.

E-Z

Reaction score
Never got into The Stranglers although No More Hero's & Golden Brown are good songs to listen to.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.