The song stuck in your head thread!

Rocker440

Reaction score
Whether you hear a song on radio, or perhaps in a store or maybe wake up with a song bouncing around in your head, which might stay with you for some time, too. Post which song it is and also how it came to be stuck in there, too! :tongue:

I'll start.

Kokomo -The Beach Boys! For some rather strange reason this song was within my head when I woke up. I don't own any album with that song! :wtf: :cheers2

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Johnny Cash - Ring of Fire has been in permanent residence for a couple of weeks now.

Fortunately it's a good song :cheers:

"I went down to a burning ring of fire, I went down, down, down, and the flames went higher, and it burns, burns, burns, in the ring of fire, in the ring of fire"*

*Feldy Fun Fact: My Beatles-obsessed brain kept typing the phrase "Ringo of Fire" while quoting that song. Should really increase communication between the brain and the rest of me, one of these days.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
After seeing Peter Gabriel last week I can't get "Don't Give up" out of my head. Get out of my head Peter.

elfranco

Reaction score
Oh Oh! I know this one. lemme esplain. (I'm Italian, I get worked up!)
You go through your life and your brain captures everything. Sounds. Sound bites, scraps from tv dialogue, their theme sings, bits from the radio, conversations. It all mixes into your rewind, your memory. Then as years go by and you collection gets larger, you hear things. The same things I mentioned above. Then your Mental Jukebox kicks in and you stick with it. It reminds of something, someone. Then, that stinking tune plays over and over until you can dislodge it. Things like "Don;t Want To Bump With No Big Fat Woman", or "I Started A Joke" (the Ugh, BeeGees, singing mice) it can be anything. Ah yes. When I am work, my jukebox comes alive at the slightest hint of something that could be happening around me, or that happend 30 years ago. It is a wonderful experience, and yet, it can drive you MAD! So, lemme put my hands down so I can stop talking. Enjoy

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Pablo Cruise's song "World's Away", I heard it the other day when I was out for a bike ride and haven't been able to shake it yet. But I like the song so that's okay, it will get dislodged soon enough.:tup:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Elfranco, your post made me laugh! :heheh:

Breaking Benjamins acoustic version of Diary of Jane! The lead singer is coming to play here and do all acoustic versions of the groups songs and this song has come back into my head now as it's gorgeous, very melodic and hummable and an example of how the show will likely sound! :grinthumb

Diary of Jane (acoustic)

Buff

~going mobile~
Reaction score
oh cripes, I hear my 3 y/o son's (yes, he's 3!) TV playing Thomas, so I hear the Thomas Theme song, over and over and over and over and over and over and over unti you want to SCREAM.

But today I guess I kept hearing Evil Woman by ELO, a frame of mind perhaps?:D

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
I'm sticking with you
'Cos I'm made out of glue
Anything that you might do
I'm gonna do too

You held up a stage coach in the rain
And I'm doing the same
Saw you're hanging from a tree
And I made believe it was me

I'm sticking with you
'Cos I'm made out of glue
Anything that you might do
I'm gonna do too

People going to the stratosphere
Soldiers fighting with the cong?

But with you by my side I can do anything
When we swing
We hang past right or wrong

I'll do anything for you
Anything you want me too
I'll do anything for you
Oohoh I'm sticking with you

Lou Reed (Velvet Underground) best sung by Mo Tucker their drummer.

Abraxas

Reaction score
Executioner Blues by Do Make Say Think.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
For the past couple of days it's been Lionel Richie's "Hello"

"I've been alone with you inside my mind
And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
I sometimes see you pass outside my door
Hello, is it me you're looking for?"

Find member