The Soap Opera That Is Courtney Love

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I see lots of people freaking out about this... but I'm glad it happened. Maybe I'm nothing more than a wishful thinker, but I imagine that since there's some business-minded guy now involved with the Nirvana catolouge, that means we'll be getting more Nirvana material. To me, everything else is secondary to the prospect of getting new official Nirvana material. There's oodles of stuff yet to be released. There are lots of things we know for a fact could be released (Fecal Matter and earlier demos, Unplugged DVD, Reading '92 DVD, Old Age boombox & home, Radio KAOS acoustic show, instrumentals from final session) and there's tons of stuff that probably exists (1994 home demos including group Do Re Mi, early '90s home recordings, songs like Everybody Knows I'm New Wave, unreleased sessions such as the outtake song from In Utero called Lulaby).

Plus Teen Spirit in a commecrial would be funny. It's like when that silly car used Bargain in their commercial... I'm like "WTF, I refuse to stand naked, stoned, or stabbed for some stupid car."

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Looks like Courtney needs some more money coming in....some music and film careers die out faster than others....somehow, her popularity just dropped off the map.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
Looks like Courtney needs some more money coming in....some music and film careers die out faster than others....somehow, her popularity just dropped off the map.
Well, it doesn't help your financial situation when you're spending a lot of money on drugs. ;)

eccentric man

Reaction score
rehab isn't cheap

if she was really concerned about 'officially' releasing what most people can still find on the net with a little effort then i can think of 2 very specific people that would have made much better partners in the deal. we all know at least one summer blockbuster is going to use a remixed nirvana tune as its theme.

Last edited:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
eccentric man said:
rehab isn't cheap

if she was really concerned about 'officially' releasing what most people can still find on the net with a little effort then i can think of 2 very specific people that would have made much better partners in the deal. we all know at least one summer blockbuster is going to use a remixed nirvana tune as its theme.

I agree with you completely that Krist and Dave are the obvious people to co-op with if Courtney gave a damn about Nirvana releases. But I don't agree with you about finding Nirvana material on the internet. There's plenty of stuff that no one inside the Nirvana fan circles has. And I'm certainly not pleased by the low quality of the stuff that we can find...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online