The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (1995)

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Re: The Smashing Pumpkins-Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

I dig all of SP's albums......they were a fresh new breeze in rock :).....can't say the same for Corgan's solo act :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am just digging into them, thanks to Bry's and OB's prodding, the Only thing that might take a while to get used to, are Corgan's vocals. When he stays within himself he is okay and the strength of the band and the songs works,,,when he sneers or screams, then that just doesn't work for me. I will listen to this one a few more times and wait for the next album review before moving on to more of the Pumpkins.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I dig all of SP's albums......they were a fresh new breeze in rock :).....can't say the same for Corgan's solo act :)

I am just digging into them, thanks to Bry's and OB's prodding, the Only thing that might take a while to get used to, are Corgan's vocals. When he stays within himself he is okay and the strength of the band and the songs works,,,when he sneers or screams, then that just doesn't work for me. I will listen to this one a few more times and wait for the next album review before moving on to more of the Pumpkins.

S & L-Even as a hardcore SP fan who buys anything related to SP I don't love the Billy Corgan solo c.d. but I like it and think it has some good moments. I actually like the Bee Gees cover. Most people would call the recent SP lineup Billys solo act but I respect him for having the balls to continue and continue unconventionally.

LG-I hope you are having success with your SP journey. I personally love Corgans vocals for the humanity in them which may be vocal flaws technically and the sneers sometimes add character to the song. Like his attitude in Zero works great for me. I understand though that it's an acquired taste nonetheless. Speaking of album reviews, Adore was lined up to be my next but OB did a great job with it and I highly recommend trying that one out next! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You could have an accident a lose OB's review S&S,,,:heheh:

I'll play it next, but not until I listen to Mellon Collie a couple of more times. I am going to skip that one song I mentioned though, perhaps live with the proper setting it would be okay, but I just am not a fan of distorted screeching of any kind, no matter how much character it might bring to the song.;)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

Top review! This was the very first Pumpkins album I bought after hearing Tonight, Tonight on the radio and instantly loving it.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Top review! This was the very first Pumpkins album I bought after hearing Tonight, Tonight on the radio and instantly loving it.

Thanks Tray! This was the first Pumpkins c.d. I bought but Siamese came first for me on cassette! I went on a Smashing Pumpkins buying blitzkrieg after this album though! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online