The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (1995)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Smashing Pumpkins-Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

LG-Thanks LG but........LISTEN! Seriously, go listen now! Now! :lmao:
Just kidding but seriously, do it! :D

I will listen to it tomorrow morning Bry, in tribute to the amount of effort you put into your review...in fact here's a cold one, you deserve it.:hab:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

Soot and Stars... I wasn't trying to de-rail your album review, as I know all music is subjective and everyone's likes are different.

I was merely commenting on my own personal feeling about the band and the album. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was certainly one of their best albums and recieved positive reviews from music critics and journalists alike so I know I am in the minority. I probably should have said as much in my post earlier. Sorry. :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Soot and Stars... I wasn't trying to de-rail your album review, as I know all music is subjective and everyone's likes are different.

I was merely commenting on my own personal feeling about the band and the album. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness was certainly one of their best albums and recieved positive reviews from music critics and journalists alike so I know I am in the minority. I probably should have said as much in my post earlier. Sorry. :)

Oh man! I definitely didn't take it that way! :D I really didn't know what release to start with. Everytime I say I have a favorite SP c.d. I change my mind. I just responded to your post because it made me think and it's cool to have that alternative opinion to reflect your own thoughts. Everything you said was contructive and added well to my thread! Peace!

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

Ok, cool. I didn't think you did, but I just wanted to be sure. :cheers:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

MShippo37915.jpg

Par Excellance!

I am not a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan, but I do like this album. Bry you have done a great job covering the album.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

Nice review man.

Love this album. Probably my favorite album by them.

Too bad Chamberlin is not with them still, one of the best drummers ever IMO.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I finally played half of the album today Bry,,,I'll get the other half done tonight.

Musicianship A.

Songwriting B+.

Vocals...B-.

Of the first 14 songs only one didn't work for me...the one with the prototype "Screamo" distorted vocals...I thought it was out of place.

So I am liking the Pumpkins so far, I will go through the other 4 CD's I have over the next while to catch up with you.;)

Last edited:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

MShippo37915.jpg

Par Excellance!

I am not a huge Smashing Pumpkins fan, but I do like this album. Bry you have done a great job covering the album.

Nice review man.

Love this album. Probably my favorite album by them.

Too bad Chamberlin is not with them still, one of the best drummers ever IMO.

I finally played half of the album today Bry,,,I'll get the other half done tonight.

Musicianship A.

Songwriting B+.

Vocals...B-.

Of the first 14 songs only one didn't work for me...the one with the prototype "Screamo" distorted vocals...I thought it was out of place.

So I am liking the Pumpkins so far, I will go through the other 4 CD's I have over the next while to catch up with you.;)

Magic-Thank you very much! There may be some uncovered Smashing Pumpkins gems that I may be able to turn you onto in further reviews. There catalog is so huge it's very possible to miss something from them!

ComfortablyNumb-Thanks to you as well! I do love Chamberlains drumming but I know that Billy never does something half ass so this new younger drummer may surprise everybody!

LG-Thanks for giving this a listen! Do you remember which song you thought had that screamo effect? Anyway, I can't wait to hear what you think of the other half! It's not often someone gets the chance to expose The Beast to an established band like SP. :grinthumb

Oblivion

Reaction score

Wow Bry. What a review, nice... :) I'm happy you did mellon collie, that way I can do Adore :p

Kinda agree on almost everything said in the thread... I love the band and love this album :) I can't decide which album I like best because it depends on my mood :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

LG-Thanks for giving this a listen! Do you remember which song you thought had that screamo effect? Anyway, I can't wait to hear what you think of the other half! It's not often someone gets the chance to expose The Beast to an established band like SP. :grinthumb

The demonic fury called "Tales of a Scorched Earth", I like the music it was good, but his screamo vocals detracted from the song for me. I think a couple of well timed screams would have sufficed.;)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online