The Seven Ages of Rock - BBC documentary

TB_

Reaction score
------------------------ 7-ages-of-rock.jpg ------------------------

Seven Ages of Rock is a BBC documentary series about the history of rock music.
It lasts almost 7.5 hours, and is split into 7 different episodes. It's a very nice summary of rock music throughout the decades.
The series makes heavy use of archive material. Including early performances of musicians that are interspersed with interviews with various other musicians.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Official site: BBC - Seven Ages of Rock

Watch the first part here: Seven Ages of Rock Part 1 of 7 - Birth of Rock - YouTube
It's hard finding all the parts on youtube though, might be copyright problems.

So, you could always try downloading from this humble site :) : The Seven Ages of Rock (BBC 2007 - Complete) (download torrent) - TPB)

If you look at my age, then you'll understand why this has been so interesting for me, but I hope you guys will enjoy it as well!

Plato

Philosopher, Hippie
Reaction score
Bookmarked, it's very interesting for me aswell, but I don't have time for it right now unfortunatly. Maybe later this month. Thanks for the find, though!

Khor1255

Reaction score
It is years old and is more or less a Rolling Stone/MTV type incomplete and patchy summary of every subject they broach. It does, however have some very interesrting facts and is well worth a watch. Just don't take it's word about anything especially who the most important artists of a genre are.

For instance, in their write up about Progressive Rock they spent a lot of time yakking on about The Velvets yet I don't think 1 second about bands like Crimson, Yes and Van Der Graffe Generator. Every episode is like this. Good stuff but omissions you could drive a battleship through.

msak

Reaction score
------------------------ 7-ages-of-rock.jpg ------------------------

Seven Ages of Rock is a BBC documentary series about the history of rock music.
It lasts almost 7.5 hours, and is split into 7 different episodes. It's a very nice summary of rock music throughout the decades.
The series makes heavy use of archive material. Including early performances of musicians that are interspersed with interviews with various other musicians.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Official site: BBC - Seven Ages of Rock

Watch the first part here: Seven Ages of Rock Part 1 of 7 - Birth of Rock - YouTube
It's hard finding all the parts on youtube though, might be copyright problems.

So, you could always try downloading from this humble site :) : The Seven Ages of Rock (BBC 2007 - Complete) (download torrent) - TPB)

If you look at my age, then you'll understand why this has been so interesting for me, but I hope you guys will enjoy it as well!
thanxxxxxxxxxx

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I've caught various episodes of this on TV over the years. It's pretty cool.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online