The reunion we have all been waiting for is gonna happen at the Olympics closing...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The reunion we have all been waiting for is gonna happen at the Olympics closing.

Denying that the Spice Girls were/are relevant really shows the one-sided knowledge of people who only pay mind to genres they care for and ignore the rest. The Spice Girls are HUGE over in the UK. In terms of popularity, from what I gather they're like the female Beatles in their home country. Sorry to say this, but a reunion of those ladies would generate far more interest than most of the bands we talk about on here. I'm willing to bet even if Pink Floyd appears, more people will be thrilled to see the Spice Girls, as unfortunate as that is. That doesn't mean that they're any better though, just more recent and pop icons usually have better exposure.

I know the Spice Girls were big, my friend's daughter was a huge fan of their's and made me watch their movie years ago.

And perhaps you are right about them still being able to draw a young audience, but I can guarantee most people my age who grew up during the best era of Rock and Roll aren't interested in them at all.

If the organizers want to pander to a particular demographic that's their choice, me I would actually walk quite some distance to be out of range of the Spice Girls concert, and run to escape any Rap/Hip-Hop music from damaging my gray cells.:grinthumb

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Re: The reunion we have all been waiting for is gonna happen at the Olympics closing.

In the eighties, when we had synth-pop and America had Journey, Yes, The Kinks and The Who in the charts, I felt like emigrating.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score

Seems The Who are for sure on the bill, and expect other big name surprises. NBC are only streaming it on line, I am going to watch the BBC broadcast via VPN as I have the whole Olympics so far, with no commercials and less idiotic commentary.

Cinder

Reaction score

Hi LG, long time no communicato :D, thank you for praising the UK althletes, I thought they did very well too. Made me proud to be British again :D

The Spice Girls didnt disappoint and I hear that 4 of them - minus the Mannequin (Vehicle - lol) are keen to regroup :D

So watch this space!

Attachments

• posh2.jpg
    posh2.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 33
  • posh spice.jpg
    posh spice.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 36
Reaction score

Do they really have any good hits besides "Wannabe"? I loved their performance, but they don't appeal to me. They are one of those groups I will never really understand.

Shaz

Reaction score

Denying that the Spice Girls were/are relevant really shows the one-sided knowledge of people who only pay mind to genres they care for and ignore the rest. The Spice Girls are HUGE over in the UK. In terms of popularity, from what I gather they're like the female Beatles in their home country. Sorry to say this, but a reunion of those ladies would generate far more interest than most of the bands we talk about on here. I'm willing to bet even if Pink Floyd appears, more people will be thrilled to see the Spice Girls, as unfortunate as that is. That doesn't mean that they're any better though, just more recent and pop icons usually have better exposure.

I adored the Spice Girls and their music when I was a little girl. I wanted to be just like Scary Spice :heheh:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Is Mannequin Spice gonna be there?

7760046086_330275a7cc.jpg

Seriously, you could've put their name in the title and saved me the time of actually opening the thread.

Of course, but don't expect that bitch to dance with the rest of the group...

tumblr_m8o0t4FN6V1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Snotty Spice doesn't NEED to dance! :bonk:

People can rip on boybands all they want, but this UK import is possibly one of the most talentless groups ever.

Still, they ARE far more entertaining and easy to listen to than the likes of Radiohead, so.. take that for what it's worth. ;)

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score

Of course, but don't expect that bitch to dance with the rest of the group...
Snotty Spice doesn't NEED to dance! :bonk:
Still, they ARE far more entertaining and easy to listen to than the likes of Radiohead, so.. take that for what it's worth. ;)

Actually you are wrong, the great Thom dances better than all 5 Spice's combined...and to a wider repertoire of classic disco hits too...

:tup:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

:wtf: eeew... if that's considered good dancing, then I'll stick with sitting on my barstool and laughing at ALL of the good dancers in the world.

I'd definitely rather watch the Mannequin stand around and posture (like in the pictures posted here) than EVER see Thom do any of that ever again.

At least Thom didn't try and sing those songs.

tumblr_m7pe8iOPtV1ru50tqo1_400.jpg

*shudder*

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online