The return of the original Dokken!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I've considered doing it as well, but just haven't done it. Tell ya what, maybe I'll do writeups on Lynch Mob and George Lynch solo albums. :D

Sounds good to me.:hab:

Fever

Reaction score
That's great-I have most of the Dokken albums as well as a few Lynch Mob plus one solo George Lynch

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Dokken was the best band from the 80s metal scene IMO.

I saw Dokken last summer (free concert! Ratt was there too!!) with Jon Levin on guitar. Mick Brown and Don were there as the only original Dokken members. They had Ted Nugent's Bassist--who kicked ass. (Mick brown plays drums for Nugent when he isn't playing with Dokken) I must say they sounded very good.

Lynch is great and all, but Levin didn't disappoint me at all. If you were just listening to the audio, I doubt you could tell it wasn't Lynch on guitar. As a matter of fact, here is a video of the actual show.

Last edited:

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
I used to play the Dokken albums reel to reel in my car back in the day, still love them to bits, need to get them on cd now to re-live my youth ... :D
Saw Don Dokken a while back, and to be honest, although the band were spot on, with that 'Dokken/Lynch guitar sound' the man himself missed his intro cue, and looked and acted a bit .... well .... stoned. :wtf:
Don't get me wrong, it was a good gig, but as expected, he didn't get those high notes, and I do think it's a bit much to hope to see the same performance as all those years ago. End of the day, it was just so good to see him there.

Iggy

Coal mining ruffian
Reaction score
Hmmm ... UK I think ... I can only see it advertised in pounds or euros.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online