The Return of.....The Darkness?!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
TheDarknessThe20Darkness2005.jpg

:eek:

Rock fans of the world rejoice! The glam rock fireball that is The Darkness is warming up just beyond the horizon as the band prepares to (ideally) take the world by storm once again after nearly half a decade of absence. Here is the report from The Sun:

"INVEST heavily in the maker of Lycra now - catsuit-sporting rock Lords THE DARKNESS are heading back out on the road after brothers DAN and JUSTIN HAWKINS finally ended their feud.

The thundering outfit fell apart in 2006 after frontman Justin left to seek treatment for drug addiction. Guitarist Dan and Justin have hardly spoken since.

It's thanks to drummer ED GRAHAM that the siblings have now mended things. After his son was born earlier this year the bros have been visiting.

A source said: "Dan and Justin's falling out was a very bitter affair. They didn't speak for almost half a decade. But spending time with Ed and his family has reminded them all how close they once were."

The quartet, which also features RICHIE EDWARDS on bass, have begun rehearsals. They hope to head out on the road this time next year.

It's good to have them back."

Darkness end feud and head back on road | The Sun |Showbiz|Music

I could not be more thrilled. :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I could not be more thrilled. :grinthumb

Actually, I correct myself. I would be even more thrilled if they were touring now (but I can wait ;)) and if original bassist Frankie Poullain was apart of the lineup instead of Richie. Not that there is anything wrong with Richie at all but I just like Frankie so much more.

That aside though, this is still triumphant news that I'm ecstatic about.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:woho:

This is definitely good news!

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yup classicrockmagazine.com is reporting the same thing.....

ustin Hawkins: No Darkness Reunion
mdome / News / 06/07/2010 06:31am

Justin Hawkins has denied that The Darkness are about to reunite.

As rumours about a re-formation have gained momentum (including a mention in The Sun), the frontman used his Twitter account to post the following:

“Whoever paid this ‘source’ should really ask for their money back, because what they have bought is essentially horse shit. If there was any truth in the Darkness reunion rumour then it wouldn’t be a rumour. However, delighted to read that The Sun would be glad to have us back. Warmed my cockles no end!”

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, poopie!

I do like their debut album, haven't got the second album, though. It would be nice if they did get back together.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online