The return of...Huey Lewis & The News

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited.com

HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS' 'SOULSVILLE' (NOV 2, W.O.W. RECORDS) COVER ART FEATURES ORIGINAL PAINTING BY MEMPHIS FOLK ARTIST LAMAR SORRENTO

For the cover of 'Soulsville,' the first new album in nine years from Huey Lewis and the News, acclaimed Memphis folk artist Lamar Sorrento has created a striking, affectionate caricature of a Memphis street corner. Complete with musicians, rib joints, and, of course, WDIA, the country's first black radio station, Sorrento captures the sprit and energy of Memphis just as vibrantly as Lewis and the News do on their new album, which was recorded in the city's historic Ardent Studios.

Recorded with their long time horn section in Memphis, 'Soulsville' features 14 classic songs from the vault of Stax Records, including "Respect Yourself" and "Got To Get You Off My Mind."

A self-taught artist, Sorrento is known for his portraits of iconic American musicians like Robert Johnson and Hank Williams. He has recently painted a ten-foot tall guitar for the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, cover art for the Alejandro Escovedo tribute album 'Por Vida,' and contributed two paintings of Johnny Cash to Bill Miller's new book, "Cash: An American Man."

Huey Lewis on the Web:
Huey Lewis and the News Official Website

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Wow! Huey still looks great also. My sister got a job once as sort of a public relations for him while he was in town. She said he was a nice guy. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I saw Huey recently on some TV show that looks up "Retired" celebrities, he spends most of his free time fishing these days.

I only have one of their albums, "Sports", but I thought they were a breath of fresh air when they were new to the music scene.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online