The return of...Dire Straits (kinda)

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockrevisited.com

THE STRAITS FEATURING ORIGINAL MEMBERS OF DIRE STRAITS TO TOUR UK

Following The Straits’ recent stunning debut show at the Royal Albert Hall in May 2011, Alan Clark, Phil Palmer and Chris White from Dire Straits will embark on an 11-date UK tour in October due to the overwhelming demand to hear the band's much loved catalogue of unforgettable songs. 24 Hour Box Office: 0844 811 0051. Book Online: GIGSANDTOURS | Concert Tickets | UK Tour Dates.

The Straits’ upcoming ‘The Sound of Dire Straits’ UK tour includes 3 original members and some of the top session players to form a powerful, driven, and compelling live rock band not to be missed. The Straits will perform songs from the classic albums ‘Dire Straits’ (1978), ‘Communiqué’ (1979), ‘Making Movies’ (1980), ‘Love Over Gold’ (1982), ‘Brothers In Arms’ (1985) and ‘On Every Street’ (1991). Get ready for the seminal, atmospheric hits including ‘Sultans of Swing’, ‘Romeo and Juliet’, ‘Tunnel of Love’, ‘Private Investigations’, ‘Money for Nothing’, ‘Walk of Life’, and ‘Brothers in Arms’.

The tour takes in Birmingham Symphony Hall (Oct 3), Glasgow Royal Concert Hall (Oct 4), Newcastle City Hall (Oct 5), York Barbican (Oct 7), Cardiff St Davids Hall (Oct 9), Bristol Colston Hall (Oct 10), London HMV Hammersmith Apollo (Oct 12), Ipswich Regent (Oct 13), Nottingham Royal Concert Hall (Oct 14), Liverpool Philharmonic Hall (Oct 16), and Manchester o2 Apollo (Oct 17).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
no dire straits without the main man mark knofler

Agreed every song in their repertoire features Mark's distinct vocals, not to mention his guitar playing which is also unique.

I remember reading an interview when he was asked why he doesn't play faster, he said "Because I can't, if I try to play fast it sounds like rubbish, so I just plod along at my own speed that I'm comfortable with."...;) I'd say it has worked out very well for him over the years.

ANF

Reaction score
I've never been a fan, but why is Knophler so against a reunion tour? They brought him by far his biggest success

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have no idea, but I think Mark lives in the US now, and just plays when he wants to. Perhaps he just doesn't like big tours anymore, that does happen to musicians as they get older...:dunno:

Fever

Reaction score
Knopfler starts a European tour in October.He is playing Ireland,UK,Denmark,France,Sweden,Belgium,The Netherlands,Italy and Switzerland.Bob Dylan will be on the tour with him

Tour - MarkKnopfler.com

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online