That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
classicrockmagazine.com

Big Country Return
mdome / News / 09/09/2010 07:03am

After a decade-long absence, Big Country are about to reunite.

The band, who had considerable success in the 1980s, will play four shows at the start of next year, with more being considered. The dates so far confirmed are:

Jan. 5: Newcastle O2 Academy

Jan. 6: London Islington O2 Academy

Jan. 7: Birmingham O2 Academy

Jan. 8: Liverpool O2 Academy

Tickets go on general sale from 9am on Saturday, September 11. They cost £20 everywhere, except in London where they are £22.50. But they are available now at Official Big Country Website

So, who’s in the band? Original members Bruce Watson (guitar/vocals), Tony Butler (bass/vocals) and Mark Brzezicki (drums/vocals), plus Mike Peters of The Alarm (vocals/guitar) and Jamie Watson (guitar). Founder member Stuart Adamson died in 2001.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well....as nice as it is to see Big Country get back together (since I love their style) I don't really see how they can without Stuart...

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I also agree Adamson was a great guitarist.....how he made those guitars sound like scottish bagpipes was very inspiring.
Mike Peters and the ALARM were a reasonable 80s band....but I cant really see it working[ negative vibes im afraid ] and at 20 odd quid for a ticket,,,there asking...........
I do recommend BIG COUNTRYs finest hour...."the crossing" album...very good.....Ive also got a copy on vinyl of "steel town"....avoid...poor songs weak album altogether

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I agree with you LOU, The Crossing is the "Must Have" album from these guys. I remember watching a Video of a live show from a concert in Scotland and near the end of the set a real Pipe and Drum regiment joined them on stage...unforgettable.:dcheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Staff online