The Pretty Reckless

BeatlesFan

Reaction score
I was watching videos on YouTube of Taylor Momsen's performances with her band and she's surprisingly good. For those who don't know, Taylor Momsen is a 16 year old actress from the tv show Gossip Girl. If you still don't know her, then you may know her as the little girl with Jim Carrey in The Grinch movie.

Lord Dweedle

Reaction score
I like them, shes a hardcore chick, perhaps its cos im in the same age group but I think The Pretty Reckless are great.

ninjarawker

Reaction score
She's got a pretty good voice and the music's not bad either. I think she'll get better with age as long as she looks after herself and doesn't overdo the partying too often.

empress

Reaction score
i love them, i think her voice is fantastic. a lot of their songs are pretty basic but i think they'll improve soon enough. hope she doesn't turn into another Lindsay Lohan though.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I have their album, some good songs on there. I think Taylor Momsen has a fantastic voice, I couldn't believe how young she was when I first heard - that voice coming from somebody in their teens :omg:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
They released a new record not long ago and it's really good.

I enjoy it. Takes me back to my grungey days with bands like Drain S.T.H. and Audioslave. I also like that they do some softer stuff in there, which is something I always look for in a heavy band.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
A couple of months ago, I hadn't even heard about the band, but a friend recommended the new album to me (He knows I like Halestorm and figured I'd probably like The Pretty Reckless too) and I'm quite amazed with how much I enjoyed it and have continued to enjoy it. I also picked up the debut and was surprised with how mature the band (Compositions & Arrangements) and her voice sounded even at 17. One of the better rock records I've heard this year - definitely the biggest surprise so far!

Last edited:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Yeah as I mentioned before I couldn't believe how young Taylor was when I first heard The Pretty Reckless as her voice sounded very mature - her great vocals are one of the things I like most about the band. Been hearing a couple of the most recent tracks on the radio a lot lately, which I like.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online