The Police (Official Thread)

Balance

Reaction score
Re: The Police

"Packed like lemmings into shiny metal boxes!!!!!!"

One of them rare 3 piece bands. Kudos!!!

Sting obviously is the most succesful out of the three, but Stewart Copeland ranks on my top 5 bias list of greatest drummers.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Copeland is a superior percussionist for sure. I love the Police! :grinthumb

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score

'79-'82: they seemed kinda weird to me, I thought they were new wave and didnt pay any attention to em.
'83-86: radio played the crap out of them and I HATED them. please God, no more......

fastforward to a about 4 years ago: I started to realize they had alot in common with 80's style Rush and I delved into their '78-'83 catalog and really loved what I heard. I always thought that Copeland was a tremendous drummer but wow I was kinda blown away.
Now I have their whole catalog on vinyl and some greatest hits cd's as well.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

I always thought that Copeland was a tremendous drummer but wow I was kinda blown away.

Agreed..I think he is quite under-rated.

He is methodical, and knows how to get the best out of a half step beat. It is a wonderful mash up of ska/half step/and crazy 3/4 time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
Always liked The Police from the first time I heard Roxanne&Message in a bottle.
The Police-Driven to tears

E-Z

Reaction score
I remember hearing on the radio back in the mid-1990s that Stewart Copeland was a supporter of the right in politics?. :uh:

Message in a bottle & Walking on the moon always take me back to 1978/79 whenever i hear them which thankfully is HARDLY EVER THANK GOD!!.:wank:

Khor1255

Reaction score
'79-'82: they seemed kinda weird to me, I thought they were new wave and didnt pay any attention to em.
'83-86: radio played the crap out of them and I HATED them. please God, no more......

fastforward to a about 4 years ago: I started to realize they had alot in common with 80's style Rush and I delved into their '78-'83 catalog and really loved what I heard. I always thought that Copeland was a tremendous drummer but wow I was kinda blown away.
Now I have their whole catalog on vinyl and some greatest hits cd's as well.
This has been my EXACT experience with them (although the fast forward happened something like 20 years ago).

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
I remember hearing on the radio back in the mid-1990s that Stewart Copeland was a supporter of the right in politics?. :uh:

Message in a bottle & Walking on the moon always take me back to 1978/79 whenever i hear them which thankfully is HARDLY EVER THANK GOD!!.:wank:
I actually don't give a flying **** who supports what,I just listen to the tunes.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
This has been my EXACT experience with them (although the fast forward happened something like 20 years ago).

I wish I wouldve gotten into them 20 years ago cuz by now I'd know all of their songs by heart. I'm still getting to know the lesser known songs, especially the last few on each record. But hey, that's half the fun is getting to know them right? I wish I had just recently discovered some of my favorite bands like Rush, Floyd, Maiden, etc....(fill in favorite bands here)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Added a weblink and disoc for the thread, and replaced all the non working vids I could. Let's keep the police thread a jammin'

:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.