The Police (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Police

^^That shows some class I would think Bucky, both from the fans in Buffalo's side and the Police playing a concert for their many fans there. They performed here three times over the years, the last world tour being one of the stops.

I was reading that Sting was motivated to do the last tour to "Reload" the bank account while Andy and Stewart and himself could still do it. Apparently Sting's wife has a taste for the Finer things in life and spends his money at a prodigious pace...:lmao:

I like the Police, they were so different sounding from the other new wave/punk bands of their time.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

I like the Police, they were so different sounding from the other new wave/punk bands of their time.
To me what set them apart from other New Wave acts of the time was Copeland's unique drumming style. The band had lots of energy, and I think it all started from behind the drumkit.

Knowing now the hatred Sting and Copeland had for each other back then, I guess it's not surprising Sting went his own way.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Yeah the unique sound of Copeland was definitely a plus. I remember they didn't get along, not surprising it is a miracle there are not more homicides in bands, certainly we don't hear about all the knock down drag out bare knuckle fights they have.

Toby

Reaction score

One of the best bands ever. Sting solo, not so much. But he's still a great artist. I just liked his work with The Police more.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Ahh , I remember the day my brother brought home SYNCHRONICITY ...:grinthumb

That was my first real exposer to Police music ... however,I loved what I had already knew..

then I saw Sting :bow: As Kath says 'he's munchie'

Amazing; Sting is an artist whom I still love in his solo era ...even today !
Stu Copeland is an amazing musician and songwriter as well ,has a great second career as a producer /musical director
Andy Summers the quiet force in the music..

all this was wrapped up in a short but brilliant band ...The Police

Still love this song

WALKING ON THE MOON :

Last edited:

Terra812

Reaction score

Love The Police! Roxanne always brings back memories of the first girl I ever kissed... Maxine... In grade school. Years later during high school, she went to a different one than me, I remember her having a red light in her bedroom window... Trollop :D

Aside from some of the songs already posted here are some of my favorite songs.

When The World Is Running Down

Voices Inside Of My Head

Invisible Sun

Murder By Numbers

And to this day, every now and then, I'll sing this when the phone rings...

Mother

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

^^^ 5 great tracks!!! Mother is still one of my favorites! What a twisted tune!! :heheh:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

Terra lol !! Trollop ! I love your vocabulary !

I love Murder By Numbers !

I alway remember Eddie Murphy in '48 Hours' singing Roxanne ..it's a riot

ROXXXXXXXXANNE !

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online