Reaction score
The_Police-logo.png

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Outlandos d'Amour (1978)
Reggatta de Blanc (1979)
Zenyatta Mondatta (1980)
Ghost in the Machine (1981)
Synchronicity (1983)

I know they started in 77 but they gained mainsteam success in the 89's although my favorite albums from them came out in the 70's. Sting his ridicously high, effortless high singing range. He was perfect for the reggae influenced sound that the Police had. Steve Copeland one of the more underrated drummers IMO. He lived in the middle east for a while and brought with him that 3 4 1 2 drum beat. The beat is so different than your typical rock 1 2 3 4 beat. Sting is a huge influence to me as a singer. I love songs like "Can't Stand Loosing You" and "Message In The Bottle"​

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Police

I liked the Police myself, Roxanne and Every Breath You Take, would be two of my personal favorites.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

The Police certainly had their fair share of hit albums and songs in their short five year career together. Zenyatta Mondatta and Ghost in the Machine were both excellent albums. :cheers:

Every time I hear "Walking on the Moon" I flash back to 1979, when I first heard it on the radio while doing homework at 3 a.m. one night. :)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Love 'Em!!!

41XYSSH0ESL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Next To You

Roxanne

Can't Stand Losing You

Police,%20London%201987.jpg

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I still remember the day I got this. It was new at the time, and I loved it as much as the first!!

416SNM2DATL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Walking On The Moon

On Any Other Day

It's Alright For You

rtbuck

Reaction score

The first time I heard "Roxanne" I was pretty blown away so I had to rush out & by the 45 & have been a fan since. I loved the song on the flipside of "Roxanne"..."Dead End Job" & found myself listening to that song as much as "Roxanne". It wasn't on any album but it does appear on the box set 'Message in a Box'.
Back on their 'Syncronicity' tour they skipped over Buffalo but a local radio station protested & got a list of thousands of names & the Police scheduled a date in Buffalo which I attended & the show was phenominal

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online