The Outlaws (Official Thread)

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Re: The Outlaws

Anyone remember Henry Paul's solo stuff? These two got some heavy airplay back in the day.

Henry Paul then went country with the group Blackhawk. Henry's been all over the place although it's not a long stretch from southern rock to country.

rtbuck

Reaction score

I have the "Grey Ghost" record which is pretty decent. He played around my area in Buffalo, NY a lot but I never got to see him. I'm glad you posted those song which are both on Grey Ghost...Now I'll have to dig that one out

Reaction score

some nice old footage, of a great song!:grinthumb

Holiday

Rocker440

Reaction score

I'm a long time Outlaws fan, too. I believe the first Outlaws song I heard on the radio many year ago was There Goes Another Love Song, but when I heard Green Grass And High Tides I became more interested with the band, and also with wanting to hear more of their other albums. I didn't waste much time with buying a couple fairly quickly, too.

The first Outlaws album I bought when it was first released was...

61L1xAW44XL._AA300_.jpg
Playin' To Win

I played the heck out of that album, with these great songs becoming long time favorites...

Take It Any Way You Want It

You Are The Show

Many of my favorite Outlaws tunes have already been posted within this excellent thread! :cheers:

I do greatly enjoy the Ghost Riders album, and like the Outlaws version of the same song a lot! There is a fantastic live version of Ghost Riders on Greatest Hits Live that is awesome, imo!

Another Outlaws album that I both like and enjoy is Soldier Of Fortune, which used to be pretty rare to find on CD, but I believe it was reissued on Wounded Bird a few years ago. Henry Paul returned for that album and added another excellent dimension to both the band and also the songs, too, imo.

b41ec0a398a0905b34e4f110.L._AA300_.jpg
Soldiers of Fortune

Cold Harbor

Bring It Back Alive is one of my favorite double live albums!

The Outlaws were an extremely diverse and talented band. Billy Jones :rip: was a great guitarist, imo!

:cheers2

Reaction score

The Outlaws are as fine as frog's hair split up the middle and tied up at both ends and hotter than a $2 pistol. Gooder'n snuff.

:heheh:

Couldn't have said it better myself... I think...:D

the ferret

Reaction score
Their current album, It's About Pride is a corker. Henry Paul & Monte Yoho are still in the band from the first recorded line-up while Steve Grisham (who was in the band in the mid-eighties) has recently rejoined.

Trust me, They still have it in spades!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.