:tup: I really like this song, too!

Hughie Thomasson's Solo Album:

R-799534-1162585525.jpeg

R-799534-1162585549.jpeg

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Re: The Outlaws

Wow, that Ghost Riders version in the OP was AWESOME!

Seriously, any song that gets me to crank out the old air guitar on first listen is instant win.

Dare I say it, I like it better than both versions of the song I have in my library (Johnny Cash and the Blues Brothers)

Reaction score

How 'bout this one for guitar chops.. it's got some very, very cool parts:D

Stick around For Rock n Roll

and another favorite of mine..

Song For You

rtbuck

Reaction score

The Outlaws are great & you know what??? It's very close but I'll take "Green Grass & High Tides" over "Freebird" as I feel it's the Greatest Southern Rock tune of all-time. Iseen them twice: once around '80/'81 (Ghost Riders tour...by the way I love their cover of "Ghost Riders")with Foghat & Johnny Van Zandt band opening & once around '89/'90 with Bad Co. & Molly Hatchet. The one song I like by them that seems to have been forgotten(I know a lot of Outlaws fans didn't care for it but I liked it) is "Take it Anyway You Want it". In my area it received a good amount of airplay. "You are the Show" is off that same album (Playin' to Win) & I love that tune as well.

As a side note...a few months ago while digging through my vinyl I came across Freddie Salem & the Wildcats 'Cat Dance' album from '82(which I reviewed on the last page in the "Bucky's Attic" thread) & that album is unbelievable & really worth searching for. I think I bought it with a bunch of other records & never played it at the time but that record blew me away

Reaction score

I used to listen to Take It Anyway You Want It a lot... I kind of overplayed and, but I'll give it another listen:grinthumb

And I remember the review from your thread, Bucky.. the guitar on that album is absolutely amazing, I took a listen after you spoke so highly of it:heheh::D

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score

The Outlaws are great & you know what??? It's very close but I'll take "Green Grass & High Tides" over "Freebird" as I feel it's the Greatest Southern Rock tune of all-time.

From Wilki:

The band was the first act signed to Arista Records under Clive Davis. Davis was in the audience at a show in 1974 where the band was opening for Lynyrd Skynyrd in Columbia, South Carolina. At the end of Lynyrd Skynyrd's set, lead vocalist Ronnie Van Zant said from the stage: “If you don’t sign the Outlaws, you’re the dumbest music person I’ve ever met—and I know you’re not.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^And the rest is history...:heheh:

Great story Truckin' and we all know Clive Davis is not stupid.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I love the Outlaws, saw them live on their 25 year anniversary tour. Bring 'em Back Alive is one of my all time favorite live albums.

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score

Awesome and underrated southern rock band, LG. I have a ton of memories wrapped up in this bands music.

I know everyone has heard my "lose it chair" story.......where I am drunk and sit in this chair that anyone who has been drinking gets sick in....well that happened to the tune of "Green Grass and High Tides" which just happens to occupy the entire side 2 of The Outlaws self-titled debut album from 1975.

album-outlaws.jpg

Green Grass and High Tides is the most popular song by The Outlaws, and a long song, too........clocking in at almost 10 minutes in length. Other highlights of the debut album:

The vocal harmonies on this song are really good, The Outlaws were known for their harmonies

Have you ever got drunk, threw up, then refused to get in the shower because you thought you'd drown?

My cousin supposedly used to play neighborhood football with Freddie Salem back in the day.

Reaction score

Another cool one off of Lady In Waiting..

Breaker Breaker

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online