1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official Premiership and Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports of all sorts' started by LG, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Panthera Tigris

Panthera Tigris Banned

I don't follow much Premiership football, my team is Dortmund, from a trip to Germany in 97.

That being said, I tend to like the underdogs in the Premiership. So whenever the lower clubs are playing the top dogs, I hope for upsets.

2. TheSound

TheSound An Englishman in New York

Went to the Blackburn Rovers v Fulham game yesterday, Rovers seem to be pulling themselves out of the mess they were in now, beating Man Utd at Old Trafford the other week clearly gave them a huge lift, and they finally looked a pretty decent team yesterday. My own team (Preston North End, in League One) also won yesterday, we're about mid-table now, but my friend got me a ticket in an executive box at Blackburn, we even had a meal and a bottle of champagne, so if there is free booze involved, then Blackburn I'm afraid trumps Preston, at least yesterday.

3. Panthera Tigris

Panthera Tigris Banned

Sweet! Blackburn's win over United and Sunderland stunning City a few weeks ago, and Swansea beating Arsenal today are my favorite matches of the season so far. I was also amused Wolves tied at White Hart Lane.

4. TheSound

It's very tight at the bottom, only 3 points covering the bottom 5 teams I think, my money would be on Wigan, Bolton and QPR for the drop.

5. Sweaty

Sweaty ThE OtHeR rAmOnE

Some real upsets this week, ruined my fantasy team but I am sure I will recover, being a Chesterfield fan I have enough to cry about:(

6. TheSound

Sweaty, I had clean forgotten that there is in fact somebody on this board with even a worse team than my Preston boys!...sorry about Chesterfield's lowly position right down in last place, I wouldn't wish that on anybody!

7. Sweaty

Sweaty ThE OtHeR rAmOnE

We live in hope that they will really pull it round but it is like a bad dream at the moment:(

8. Panthera Tigris

Panthera Tigris Banned

The battles every year to avoid the drop to me are much more exciting than the money guys at the top fighting for CL spots.

9. Powerage

Powerage Let There Be Rock!

Spurs going great at the moment, disappointing to drop 2 points at home to Wolves though.

10. TheSound

Spurs are just a great team this year, love the way they play, and the fact they are only a couple of points behind the two Manchester teams is phenomenal, Harry Redknap is a fine manager, they have got power, pace and are pretty potent attacking force, but they are also effective defensively - so they have everything in place really, I'd so love them to win the title and take the wind out of the sails of the two Manchester clubs.