"The Official" Kerli Thread

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Kerli
61db96ca.jpg

This may be the only Estonian artist I own or ever will own. I bought a ton of artist when Circuit City was liquidating and this gem:

Love Is Dead
61v8bxjc06l_ss500_.jpg

was the best find out of all of them.

Kerli's music is a mixture of darkness and light. She said herself that the album was written during a dark time and while writing it she was coming out of that so the many moods are represented here. This c.d. has the hooks that it takes to attract a pop audience but the discerning fan will be able to appreciate all the elements of music brought together hear. This album brings together electronic pop that is very close to being industrial at times. It's got heavy drums, piano flourishes, great vocals and even an element of hip hop homages. It's probably the most interesting pop album in the last couple of years.

Here are some tracks:

Love Is Dead

The Creationist

Creepshow

Walking On Air

Bulletproof

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Kerli

Just got through the Creationist...pretty cool tune..like what's goin' on around 1:47.

I'll be spinnin' the other three...hangin' with the kids today so I have to play a couple games and make lunch but I'll be checking 'em out.

The most fun about an "all things" forum like this is it's great for music collector's like myself to see & hear all kinds of stuff from any year or decade. Always fun finding new stuff.

I remember seeing this cover a long while back and finding it interesting. Thanks again. :cheers:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Finally got back to this thread!! Bulletproof is really cool...and Creepshow is oddly addictive.

:heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Finally got back to this thread!! Bulletproof is really cool...and Creepshow is oddly addictive.

:heheh:

Awesome man! You either really like hearing new music, have a great memory or both! A lot of times people say they'll check something out and forget all about it! Thanks for the comments! :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

A little of both...I couldn't get the cover out of my head if I tried...but I only got as far as Creationist so I needed to finish it up. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Kerli
Kerli.png

was featured on two cool tracks off of the soundtrack for Tim Burton's "Alice In Wonderland" soundtrack! :grinthumb

Alice-In-Wonderland-Soundtrack-CD.jpg

Tokio Hotel ft. Kerli-Strange

Tea Party

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Sweet! A Kerli bump!! I have AIW!!

Didn't pay attention to any sound track yet...I will now..:grinthumb

I have to check if my DVD has bonus music video.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Nice! Then you'll like this! She has an album coming out in 2011 and I believe this cool track is on it and will be the single! :grinthumb

kerli-006.jpg
Army of Angels

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online