The "Official" Dead Weather Thread

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
The_Dead_Weather.jpg

The Dead Weather Official Website

Albums:

2009 Horehound
2010 Sea of Cowards

Who has heard of / listens to the new Jack White band, "The Dead Weather"? I started listening to them over the summer, and I fell in love almost immediately. I have always been a giant fan of Jack's music, but the Weather practically blew me out of the water...I saw them in concert at the Congress Theater in Chicago, and I must say it was one of the best concerts I've experienced...

LETS TALK DEAD WEATHER!!!

the-dead-weather-david-swanson-photo-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: The Dead Weather

I'm a big fan of Jack White and his projects but as far as The Dead Weather are concerned they are by a wide margin the thing I like the least that he's done.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

I will most certainly say that they are definately an acquired taste, it's a lot different than the music he made with the White Stripes and the Raconteurs, which is more blues-based, when the Dead Weather is a lot more dark, and intense...but it really shows that Jack is really versatile in the music he writes, and works with. He covers all ends of the spectrum in terms of genres, and even explores new ones. It most certainly took me a while to get really into the Dead Weather, but after I saw a few of their live videos, and went to their concert, it definately opened my eyes as to exactly what the genius was working on, and trying to do to expand his approach towards writing.....

(Sorry its so long, and blabby, haha I do that quite a bit when it comes to music.)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

I've only heard one track by them, keep meaning to listen to some more as I'm a fan of The White Stripes and The Raconteurs.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

(Tray73)

It's great that you've heard a track by them...but definitely keep going, I recommend:

"Treat Me Like Your Mother"
"Hang You from the Heavens"
"I Cut Like a Buffalo"
"So Far From Your Weapon"
"Rocking Horse"
"Will There Be Enough Water"
"Blue Blood Blues"
"Hustle and Cuss"
"I'm Mad"
"Die By the Drop"
"Gasoline"

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

The only song I really like by them is "No Hassle Night":

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I have both albums as I love Jack White, the first is better than the second IMO, however without repeated listening I could not remember all their songs, not like the White Stripes and others.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score

(Sweaty)

I also own both of their albums, and, surprisingly, got into the Weather before getting into either of his two previous bands. I know, shocking right? But it definitely took me a while to get into them as much as I did. And I agree with you on the fact that Horehound was a better album than Sea of Cowards.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online