• The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • Script For A Jester's Tear

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters

~Banshee~

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score
I tend to vote by asking myself if both choices where infront of me right now which would I choose to play. I know ithe sensible choice would be Maiden, its a better album, but Garden Party tipped me to Script.

But seeing as its not about which you prefer but most influential I take my vote back...duh

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
The question is: Which two of these of these albums has been the most influential in your IMO?

Number had great influence on the then going rockscene. Albeit it with some other bands as well. They gave hardrock a kick in the groin!

But, Marillion stirred up live in a almost dead scene on their own. So therefore my answer is Marillion.

Great answer!

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Marillion didn't stir up anything I noticed... prog was a dead watered down genre during the entire 80s with very little exception . Maiden on the other hand lit a metal fire across the entire globe.

BTW, had the Tears album on vinyl it bored me to tears. Believe me ...I want to like it
I love the progressive rock bands of the 70s. The genre just lost everything that made it exciting and different for me with the whole 80s neo prog thing.
To me Maiden is and was far more progressive then Marillion.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
prog or metal

bloody hellish voting as both are among my racks on vinyl...:pullhair::woot:
so I`ve flip the coin and it landed on Script For A Jester`s Tear...:phones:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka