The most powerful/emotional song you've ever heard?

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
what is (or are) the most emotional song(s) you've ever heard?

It doesn't have to be sad, happy, angry, anything in specific, just a song that speaks something more than guitar, drums and words with its sound and texture and that ignites your emotions like no other.

A few of mines

Everytime I listen to this song, it's like the world just stops. I think about humans drive to survive, their resilience and passions. The deepest sadness and helplessness and its rich interconnectedness and joy! We are all here to find a place in the world, to find happiness. If only people could all wake up one morning and realize that we cannot be truly happy by the accumulation of wealth, it comes from kindness to each other. Music like this gives me hope <3

My favorite track from Boys for Pele. The way Tori sings is heart-wrenching and the piano in this song is beautiful. I had hard time choosing between this and Spark from Choirlgirl Hotel.

tkitna

Reaction score
I'm going to list the two that bring me to tears every time. Only thing is, they aren't rock songs. They are Christian tunes.

Here are a few songs from rock musicians that get me.

This one tells the story of my wife and I to a tee. Love it.

This classic tears me up as i'm sure it tears every father up one way or another. Its a true message.

This epic tune has always pumped me up.

Last edited:

Aero

Reaction score
This one hits pretty close to home and I always get a little emotional when I hear it.

PapaJacques

Obligatory New Guy
Reaction score
Maybe a little bit obvious, but 'In My Life' by the Beatles, on Rubber Soul, sometimes gives me a lump in my throat. So many memories connected to it.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online