The most important member of Led Zeppelin?

The most important member of Led Zeppelin?

• Robert Plant

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Jimmy Page

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • John Bonham

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • John Paul Jones

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • FAIL! I can't decide and think they're all about equal, woe is me...

Votes: 35 34.0%

• Total voters

laverc

█ █ █ █ █
Reaction score
I did pick the "fail" choice, i just can't decide. All four of them were so inimitable and irreplaceable at the same time.

The Kid

Hey Mr. Tambourine Man
Reaction score
A band is a combined effort of all the members. They each did there own part to make it a success.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
A band is a combined effort of all the members. They each did there own part to make it a success.

Yes it's the 'sum of all parts > than any one individual' that make up any band. Balancing egos in any group larger than 1,,,:D,,,is as difficult as writing songs performing live shows.

However in many instances one member can be the glue that holds the band together, like in Zeppelin's case it was John Bonham. (There are some LZ experts in here who can correct me if I'm wrong but I think that was the main reason LZ went their separate ways.)

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Backbones...

^Page crafted "how" they should sound and was fortunate enough to land Bonham through Plant. It was his vision but Bonham held it together. He was THE reason that the band called it a day when he passed. I thought it was the right call at the time...and still is.

Richards once said that if Watts went, the Stones was done calling him as the "engine" that drove them.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.