The most important member of Led Zeppelin?

The most important member of Led Zeppelin?

• Robert Plant

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Jimmy Page

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • John Bonham

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • John Paul Jones

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • FAIL! I can't decide and think they're all about equal, woe is me...

Votes: 35 34.0%

• Total voters

Metal Health

Reaction score
In my opinion, Plant has possibly the most annoying voice in all of classic rock. The first two albums (for the most part) was the best vocals he ever had up to In Through the Out Door. It would have been interesting to see where the band would have ended up had Bonham not died. They really had turned from their roots by the time ITTOD came out.

Don't forget Bob Dylan or Al Shepard. ITTOD came out in 79'. LZ broke up in 80'. Still many good years before that.

Metal? :heheh: Nothing Plant has ever done has been "metal". :heheh:

Some would consider Led Zeppelin metal. I personally don't but I wanted to be clear.

The whole band stole songs, it wasn't just Page. Between them and Bob Dylan stealing songs from those that came before them, I don't know which one was more blatantly disgusting with their musical thievery.[/QUOTE

John Paul Jones never stole any songs. Bonham only stole a couple. Plant stole 4 or 5. Page stole countless.

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
All are great. Isn't that the point of a band? Each one is great at something so they come together and make sweet music. No one member is more important than the other.

Last edited:

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
He's got a point, really. Let's just call it a tie. Plant and Page.

I didn't say that... I am talking the whole line up. If you try to single out one as the most important it would turn into this infinite almost domino effect of

"Plant IS Led Zep! - Plant wouldn't be anything without Page!- Page wouldn't be anything without Jones! Bonham keeps the beat!"

See what I am getting at here? They are all great hands down. BUT... this thread is still open THEREFORE let us see what everyone else has to say.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Granted...

Corbis-PN004818.jpg

...kept the group from being exploited.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Grant

^Grant also helped established how much the performing artists should take home instead of the promoters that did not sweat it out onstage. Something like 90 to 10 in the musician's favor.

With him at the helm...all the band had to worry about was the music. He oversaw the contracts, the expenses and management of the tours.

Glad to see you around 'shoes. :****:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online