The Moody Blues (Official Thread)

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I have a difficult time referring to The Moody Blues as “progressive rock” but labels seem to help describe things. “Art rock”. “Orchestral rock”. I suppose those are just sub categories of “progressive rock”. Anyway…
My deeper introduction to The Moody Blues was the double album, This Is The Moody Blues and I loved almost every song on that release. Complete with the segues and fades. Love it!
Naturally I got Days of Future Past next and eventually three or four of their other studio albums. In Search of The Lost Chord is probably my favorite album. No. On The Threshold of A Dream.
Well.

STATUS QUO

Reaction score
They are a greatly respected Band.
Their catalogue of music contains a wide variety of styles.
I remember the first TOP 40 Chart I got from the local record store had SEVENTH SOJOURN at No.1 on the Album Chart.
" I'm just a Singer in a Rock n Roll Band " had a huge affect on me as a an 11 yr old kid.
John Lodge's Bass playing is mind blowing.

Status Quo pay a comedic tribute to " In Search Of The Lost Chord "

" In Search of the Fourth Chord " is the twenty-eighth studio album by English rock band Status Quo, released on 17 September 2007.
It is one of their better albums since the 'departure' of LANCASTER & COGHLAN.

Moody Blues are awesome.

Nights in White Satin was a Chart Hit in 1967, 1972 & 1979 in the UK & Ireland.
Reached #8 in Australia in 1972/73.
Huge Hit in Europe in 1967
Then the U.S.A caught on in 1972.

It is one of the most powerfully crafted music recordings of all time.
It really stood out from all light weight Pop songs of the period.
2SM in Sydney would play " Popcorn " by Hot Butter, then " Monster Mash " by Bobby Boris & The Crypt Kicker Five, then " Ben " by Michael Jackson.
Then the eerie orchestration that starts " Nights in White Satin " really grabs your attention.

Great Band.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online