The Monk's - Bad Habits (1979)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Seeing I owe Tracey an album review I'll pick an English band that is perfect for this, seeing they only released two studio albums.

What happens when you take three members from a progressive/folk rock band(Strawbs)who decide to record an album that has some fun with the emerging punk rock music scene? You get "Bad Habits" by the Monks. You absolutely can't help laughing when you play this album, from the "Cockney" accent of the vocals, to the subject matter and the music.(This record is like a Monty Python satire on punk rock, and hits the target spot on.) I bought it in 1979 when it was released and 2 years ago picked up the CD which sounds great. One amazing thing about this band, is they were massive in Canada, more successful here than anywhere else, they played in sold out stadiums when they toured. They only released two albums, but I think this is their best one.

My favorite songs are Drugs in my Pocket, Nice Legs Shame About Her Face, I Ain't Gettin' Any, and Skylab. I would rate this gem at 4.5/5 stars.

Band line-up:

Richard Hudson
John Ford
Terry Cassidy
Clive Pearce

Drugs in my Pocket.

Nice Legs Shame About Her Face.

TheMonksBadHabitsFrontCover.jpg

TheMonksBadHabitsBackCover.jpg

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: The Monk's Bad Habits Album Review

Nice write up, LG. :clap:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks but it is no where near as good as most of yours...it is a really fun record though, I've played it at more than one party and everyone has a blast with it.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Nice of you to say so RS, thanks for stopping by and checking it out.:hab:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I remember some of these tracks LG but didn't know much about the band, sound review.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

109777001267712423.gif
Yay, nicely done - you should start writing more! I've never heard of the band before, but will definitely check them out :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks Sox, and Tracey for stopping by. I would recommend a couple of ales or glasses of wine then play this album....it is a lot of fun.:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online