The La's (Official Thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: The La's

i love the track "there she goes" it is a classic from the britpop era. i love the byrdsesque 12 string electric jangly guitar on it. i agree with my mate sweaty THE CAST werent as inspiring. the Las was a liverpuddlian slang for the lads

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks for that info LOU/REALM, any mate of Sweaty's is a welcome addition here.:tup:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Not bad stuff and I agree they sound different! It's cool to here the original There She Goes and it's a great fun song in general! I also liked the song Walkaway from the Cast project! :grinthumb

Kink Floyd

Reaction score

Great Band. Their one and only album is pop music perfection. It maybe the most perfect album I've heard from any band. Too bad, Mavers is a bit of a perfectionist. They've been releasing some other material like a BBC sessions, but nothing new since...

Reaction score

23732.jpg

This album... I fell in love with it some months ago. I find every song in it easy and catchy. :)

muzik_guy

Certified Music Geek
Reaction score

Mavens is a mess & it's a damn shame because this album showed tremendous potential & had he kicked his bad habits & stayed the course, the band may well have been prolific & legendary. Nothing more frustrating than seeing a prodigal talent just being pissed away.

Reaction score

It is a shame, no doubt. It's even more of a shame for poeple to only know them for "There She Goes". "Way Out", "Feelin'" and "Doledrum" are way better, IMO.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online