The La's (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Great band, shame they only made one album in 1990, I saw them in Bath in the 1990's, it was a secret gig and in a very small place. I remember saying to my mate at the time, "wouldn't it be nice if it was in a small club with little tables with candles on" and do you know that is exactly where it was.

This was a top night, Lee Mavers did some Who covers and just played his heart out. Anyone should check out this album as it is magical and a one off.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: The La's

Not my cup o tea, but Hep and Flower will dig them...I will make sure they get a link :grinthumb

Flower

retired
Reaction score

Interesting at first listen .. I'll have to listen again when I have more time ... :grinthumb

Btw ~ I don't judge a tune until I've heard it at least a half dozen times.

Last edited:

Zombeels

Reaction score

Btw ~ I don't judge a tune until I've heard it at least a half dozen times.
I will judge a tune even after the 5th listen. I don't need a half dozen listens to make that decision.

Zombeels

Reaction score

John Power of The La's also fronted the band Cast which released a great album titled All Change. Everything else by Cast is horrible.

CastAllChange199933711_f.jpg

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score

The La's were also the originators of the song "There She Goes," which was later covered by Sixpence None the Richer, whose version was featured in a product commercial here in the states for a drug (in this case an oral contraceptive), apparently completely without the necessary irony, considering that many believe the song was actually written about heroin.

Edit: My apologies to Sweaty - I just saw that the first video he embedded in the OP included "There She Goes." That's the problem with speed reading. ;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online