The Kings

Gordy39

Reaction score
TheKings.jpg

Anyone remember this band from the early 80's? "This Beat Goes On/Switching To Glide" was their most popular song. I remember every Friday on our local rock station they'd play this at the 5 o'clock hour.

Gordy

joe

Reaction score
Being Canadian, I remember this band very well. Actually thier first album, The Kings Are Here is fairly descent Lp. Saw the band live in the early 80's.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I don't have that CD but I do have "Switching to Glide" on a compilation album, good song and I had forgotten about these guys years ago.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I gave you a little logo there for your OP Gordy!! Hell yeah I LOVE these guys!!! Who doesn't know this??

That first album is GREAT!! They have new music on the re-sissue and can still be seen playing these days!!

Berndawg

Reaction score
I actually saw them at the A4 Club in Saskatoon, in 83. There first album was good, however the next Amazon Beach, was a complete disaster and basically signaled the end. The album Unstoppable, is excellent though. Tough to find, you can order it off their website. They will forever be known for Switchin to Glide/This Beat Goes On.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online