Register to remove these ads

The House of Wax

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Sox, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nololob

Nololob Long Live Wock 'n' Woll

Re: The House Of Wax.

So how big is your collection, Slippy? :D

2. Slip'nn2Darkness

Slip'nn2Darkness Sub Sonic Soul Shaker

I seem to have gotten lucky and snagged quite a few common albums that are popular and are talked about on forums such as this one.. I guess I owe it to reading what's popular and trying to find them in old record stores and yard sales..
    My collection of Rock albums is around 1.200.. Mostly pre 90's stuff all the way back to early 60's vinyl.
    That's not a huge number but think about having 1.200 of the best of the best albums ever made..
    I think my total amount of vinyl is around 5 to 6 thousand.. I have a ton of 12 inch single play..

Edit: Oh and I thought I had that Uriah gatefold album MP posted and I went and checked and I don't have that one..

3. Nololob

Nololob Long Live Wock 'n' Woll

5 to 6 thousand, geez. I feel like I'm far, far behind. :heheh:
    I've got most of Uriah Heep LPs, Salisbury, Sweet Freedom and Fallen Angel are the ones I am currently looking for. And you still need to get No Mean City!!!

4. Slip'nn2Darkness

Slip'nn2Darkness Sub Sonic Soul Shaker

Considering your age and what you picked up so far my friend, your in good shape.. I'm way ahead of you in how many years I've been collecting music.
    Plus, I worked in nightclubs and had other DJ friends who I would buy their entire collection of LP's if they wanted to sell.
    From what I've seen you post on here.. You have a great collection!! :grinthumb

5. LG

LG Fade To Black

I've got all those on CD, and used to have them all on vinyl years ago JG. Like most older 70's stuff the analog sounds better to me than the digital releases.

Turntables don't have to be expensive either Jacquie, as I posted in the Equipment thread I bought a nice Grado cartridge for $60.00, put it in an old vintage TT and it sounds very good. I am using it to sort through some old albums my brother left at Dad's house, my Premium TT I only use for records that are in very good condition.;)

6. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Senior Member

^^^ Yeah, I have a bunch more that I didn't list but probably nowhere the amount some of you guys have. Some others are the Cars, Pretenders, Stones, Joe Jackson, Elvis Costello, Jefferson Starship, Southside Johnny, etc. I think I need to go look at turntables. :D

7. LG

LG Fade To Black

^^There are so many good deals out there on vintage equipment, getting new belts is no problem a couple drops of lubricant and you are good to go.

I think I saw my new TT last weekend, the Grammophone(One of our best shops..) has a great selection of TT's and a Thorens caught my eye.

Personally I use the contact C method of posting in threads like this one...only one album at a time...:grinthumb

Gives me a chance to gloat a bit especially if they are HQ releases.;)

8. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Senior Member

^^^ One album at a time...well then this will be a VERY long thread I'm sure. :heheh:

Hey LG...did you ever check out that vinyl store I gave you the link to anymore?

9. LG

LG Fade To Black

^^I have looked it over but am too busy right now with other matters. The vinyl I picked up on the weekend was by sheer luck, I was in the City on business and found a nice shop that can order quite a few New vinyl records for me...some are going to cost me though.

I'll be very serious about shopping everywhere by the end of April if everything goes according to plan.

It's just more fun to post that way to me, gives the thread more life and offers more opportunities for chatter.:grinthumb

10. Sox

Sox Avoiding The Swan Song

One of my favourite pick ups from many moons ago and still one of my fave albums.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.