Register to remove these ads

The House of Wax

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Sox, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nololob

Nololob Long Live Wock 'n' Woll

Re: The House Of Wax.

I did exactly the same, when I found Uli Jon Roth's Electric Sun 'Fire Wind'. It seemed to look very hard rocking and I was right.

2. LG

LG Fade To Black

Yes I think everyone who's ever bought records has fallen for the cover art...and then later discovered either they have a gem or just a nice piece of art.:D

You are partially responsible for me firing up the TT again Nolo, your constant stream of purchases of old classics had me looking through my hoard and now I am collecting again.:cheers2

3. Nololob

I'm literally obsessed on buying vinyl records, soon it's going to be a year since I got my first record (Foreigner '4'). Got so far between 260-270 albums at with this rate it's going to be a massive collection in 10 years, I'm not even going to think what is going to be like, when I get a proper job and 30 years later open a large room full of vinyl records. :heheh:

4. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Senior Member

I have quite a few vinyls with nothing to play them on. But I'm hoping to change that someday. I bought most of them on CD too, so I have both. Here are just a few vinyls that I own.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have the original album art for Street Survivors:
    [​IMG]

And the only Bruce I have on vinyl:
    [​IMG]

5. Sox

Sox Avoiding The Swan Song

JG I bought a brand new Sherwood turntable just before I got together with Tray and it's never been out of the box, that was about 12 years ago. It's stored away as I just always use Tray's rig, I really should build up the components again. :peek

I did some working out and I think it's nearly 20 years since I last bought vinyl, I managed to get a good head of steam up as a teenager and in my early 20's though so there's plenty to go at in the collection. Maybe it's time I started visiting the fairs again.:D

6. Tarn

Tarn Member

that reminds me of when I came across a record store not long ago (and you don't see many of those anymore!) that you could easily miss ... just this narrow little place stuck in between 2 large stores! jam packed full of vinyl

[​IMG]

7. Nololob

Talking about stores, so here's The Sound Machine (expects Powerage to say something about it :oyea:), the second hand record shop. This is the place where I bought most of the records and continue buying. Some of their stuff are quite cheap and got a good deal with the seller.

[​IMG]

Looks small, but they've got a hell lot more next door.

8. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

The Gatefold to Magician's Birthday ~ Uriah Heep

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Slip'nn2Darkness

Slip'nn2Darkness Sub Sonic Soul Shaker

I hate to brag but I have the ORIGINAL albums that everybody has posted in here except for the one Bruce Springstein Jersey has posted..:heheh:
    I guess it pays off to hold onto your vinyl when you pick it up.
    As for looking for anything new on vinyl?? let's just say pretty much every album I've wanted from way back is now in my collection.
    I feel a little bit saddened because I just unloaded the main part of my stereo gear last weekend in a yard sale.. Some of you would have shit bricks at how much I sold a couple of high quality amps for.. I sold them to one guy and put it this way.. A steal dosn't even come close to what he paid for them..
    But now I'm shooting for a really nice rack system with everything bolted in a closet I use for holding all my stereo stuff.
    I just hope the quality hasn't gone down hill so much that I have to replace things that screw up.
    I'm still going to buy two of everything as far as CD players.. Cassette decks and turntables..
    It's my set up for recording things a certain way..

10. Nololob

I love gatefold albums! You can see a better image when you open it wide and read like a book. I think Black Sabbath Vol. 4 has some more pages inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.