Register to remove these ads

The House of Vinyl

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Soot and Stars, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT! Staff Member

About five years ago member @Sox created the place where members shared a medium that has made an impressive comeback and collected thousands of post. Some have been collecting for as long as they've been able to and some like me just started dabbling. Vinyl is a visual as well as audio medium so it's makes for great sharing. As a forum we decided a fresh clean start would be healthy and draw in new viewers as well as give members that are still active a chance to display their wares and not have them buried in five years of post. For the great archive of Sox's thread you can still view it in the link here:

The House Of Wax

As for now welcome to the newly anointed thread:

The House Of Vinyl
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the place for crate diggers:
    [​IMG]

The place for collectors to show off their massive hauls and setups:
    [​IMG]

The place for those who look over their treasures with care:
    [​IMG]

The place for all of you to display this visual medium with your colored disc and grandiose covers:

[​IMG]

So what are you waiting for? Let's start this!

RadRobX likes this.
  2. Vader

Vader Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars

OK, I'll start it off with a handful of some of my favorites.

Staring with a very underrated Deep Purple LP entitled Fireball.

[​IMG]

I've owned this particular LP since I was about 12 years old . Still sounds and plays amazing, super clean. Still gets spun every couple months or so. Sometimes more.

[​IMG]

Another favorite that I've owned for decades now. Black Sabbath came roaring back from near death with new frontman Ronnie Dio giving the mighty Sabbath I shot in the arm. Classic Metal and an all time favorite.

[​IMG]

Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here...if you've never this on Vinyl you haven't heard it the way it was meant to be heard. This Is a recently reissued 180 Gram version of this Classic and the only Pink Floyd album I own that isn't an original pressing.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    That 70s Guy likes this.
  3. Vader

[​IMG]

UFO ~ PHENOMENON , 1974, a 17 year old German prodigy named Michael Schenker is asked to join British space rockers, UFO. Not only does it change their musical direction to a heavier more intricate sound but also rockets them to world acclaim.

A personal favorite though not their heaviest outing. Ive owned this very same LP since 8th grade .it's still an attention grabber at my house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UFO ~ FORCE IT , 1975, Their second outing with phenom Michael Schenker thisone is my personal favorite of all their studio LPs. I originally heard this one through one my best friends who let me barrow it. I tried to forget to return it but he wasn't having it..lol.lt took me years to hunt up a copy on Vinyl but it was worth the effort w/o a doubt.

[​IMG]
    Great album.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  4. Vader

[​IMG]

Another album I've owned many a decade. Bought this one at either 15 or 16 years old.
    Many a spin ...this one of UFO's Classic albums.
    [​IMG]

BOC's late 70's material threw me for a loop with some their songs being very mellow but I've grown to love this album over the years. Ive only had this one since about 97 ...

[​IMG]

Another late 70s sleeper. Really dig it a lot now .
    [​IMG]

Love this one. Great compilation with a lot of the deeper tracks making the list while ignoring some of the expected hits.

5. Abraxas

Abraxas :)

My copy of Luscious Jackson's Natural Ingredients on blue marble vinyl which I've kept in pristine condition.

Attached Files:

6. recgord27

recgord27 Walking down a dusty road

Great compilation. Been looking for it on vinyl or cd for many, many years now. Contains the tracks "Who Scared You" and "(You Need Meat) Don't Go No Further" which aren't on any other compilations (that I know of)

7. Vader

You are correct about that. They were B-Sides and are only found on this compilation.

8. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT! Staff Member

What is this? A soundtrack vinyl for a cult 80's masterpiece. A soundtrack to what? Only my most watched movie of all time!! What's the movie? Pieces! What? It's exactly what you think it is! Why do you have the soundtrack on vinyl? Because 2 DVD versions and Blu-Ray Special Edition with CD soundtrack wasn't enough......oh, and my best friend\enabler said it was 7 bucks clearance. No regrets but I need to spread the disease......er love for this movie! No one makes unintentional comic masterpieces like this anymore! Maybe they gave up after it peaked with this gem! <3

Pieces SNDTRK.
    [​IMG]

9. Riff Raff

Riff Raff The Kevin Owens Show Staff Member

It was good to hear AC/DC Rock or Bust on the vinyl. I don't buy new records much but for top tier favourite bands I will.

10. joker1961

joker1961 Mad Frog

over the last few days got these albums:

Chuck Berry- Best Of

Jeff Beck:

Beck Bogert Appice
    There & Back
    Truth
    Wired
    Flash

needs cleaning and playing oooooh yes

Thread Status: