The Gun Club

Dual

Reaction score
The Gun Club

99gmyo.jpg

The Gun Club were a punk blues band from Los Angeles, CA that existed from 1980 to 1996. They were pioneers, blending the rawness of punk with delta blues and the occasional free-jazz. Led by the flamboyant Jeffrey Lee Pierce, they went on to release seven critically acclaimed albums including Fire of Love, Miami and Mother Juno, although the band came to an end in 1996 following the unexpected death of Pierce at the age of 37.

They have influenced many later bands, such as The White Stripes (of which Jack White said about the band: "'Sex Beat', 'She's Like Heroin To Me', and 'For The Love Of Ivy'...why are these songs not taught in schools?") and numerous other artists claim influence from Pierce and his group.​

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The name sounds familiar Dual, but I didn't buy any of their albums back in the 80's, I was not a huge punk rock fan admittedly.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am like LG, I never really explored much of the punk scene. Alot of the punk music seemed so fast and furious......and angry. Judging from the video's posted, though, this band is not too bad.

what album would you consider their best?

Dual

Reaction score
Seriously, in my opinion, they haven't done a bad album or a bad song, nothing is filler. You could buy anything and your safe as it's all superb. This band seems to be long forgotten nowadays as you never hear anyone talking about them, but I don't understand why, for me they were the best punk band out there without a doubt and they were truely unique, nothing else sounds like them.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Then I will start at the beginning and go on down the discography.....Let you know later my opinion after I have time to give a couple albums a proper listen :)

Death on Credit

Reaction score
I loved them when I was going through my goth-punk phase in high school (they were heavily associated with the whole Los Angeles death rock scene, which I was very fond of at the time). I had Fire of Love, and possibly Miami, on CD, Admittedly, I can't remember any of their songs anymore.

Is that Patricia Morrison in the picture?

Dual

Reaction score
I loved them when I was going through my goth-punk phase in high school (they were heavily associated with the whole Los Angeles death rock scene, which I was very fond of at the time). I had Fire of Love, and possibly Miami, on CD, Admittedly, I can't remember any of their songs anymore.

Is that Patricia Morrison in the picture?

Yeah, later of The Sisters of Mercy and The Damned fame.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I've only got the albom Miami. Pretty good need to pick up some more.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online