The greatest album doesn't include their best track

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
My favorite Zep's song - "Immigrant Song", but, to popular opinion, their best album is "Led Zeppelin IV".

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
My favorite Beatles album is "The Beatles" (aka The White Album) but my favorite song is George's "It's All Too Much" from the "Yellow Submarine" album.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Agreed on DP, Big Ears. I hear a lot of fans claim songs like Child in Time to be their best, but to me Machine Head is the only album of theirs (so far, I have 3 of theirs) that I could play on repeat over and over. GREAT album and a good starting point to get into their music. :grinthumb

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I love almost everything by Deep Purple, including the excellent In Rock reissue, and Ian Gillan is one of my favourite singers, but I usually skip Child in Time. It is just a bit too indulgent for for me (and I'm a progressive rock fan!).

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I would say "Dark Side Of The Moon" is the best selling Pink Floyd album but my favourite killer tracks are "Pillow Of Winds" from "Meddle" and "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" from "Wish You Were Here".

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
My favorite Queen's song - "The Show Must Go On", but it's not included in the album "A Night At The Opera".

zamboni

Reaction score
I would say "Dark Side Of The Moon" is the best selling Pink Floyd album but my favourite killer tracks are "Pillow Of Winds" from "Meddle" and "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" from "Wish You Were Here".

Funny - I came in to post "Echoes" as their best tune, but DSOTM or Wish You Were Here are probably their best albums.

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
I'm finding this trickier than I expected to be, because for most of my favourite artists the songs which I think are their best are on what I consider to be their best albums. I can only think of two clear exceptions:

Neil Young - I find it difficult to pick just one song by him, but if pushed I would probably choose Like A Hurricane from American Stars 'n Bars, which isn't close to being his best album - in my opinion that honour goes to Rust Never Sleeps.

Tom Petty - My favourite song is Learning To Fly, but I think his best album is Damn The Torpedoes.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online