The Great Sixty Eight...

E-Z

Reaction score
1968?. Yeah I remember it still even though I was only 11 years old that year and was into BBC radio 1 'pop music' at the time such as the Move's Blackberry Way, Flowers In The Rain & Fire brigade in fact I liked The Move songs a lot. As for the heavier groups I recall hearing The Cream's name being mentioned and of course Jimi Hendrix's UK hit singles Hey Joe, Purple Haze, The Wind Cries Mary, The Burning Of The Midnight Lamp & All Along The Watchtower that were all played on BBC radio 1.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
1968?. I was 11 years old and yeah some good music was heard on BBC Radio One back then in Anglo-Saxon England. A few pop/rock songs that I remember hearing on the radio from 1968 were The Doors and Light My Fire and several others such as Gary Puckett And The Union Gap and Young Girl although by todays PC standards that song would probably be considered a bit risky a subject about an older man being interested in a "young girl" but the song was quite good and was a worldwide hit!.

Last edited:

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Floor Filla from 1968.. Billy's cover never did it for me.
Saw them and the CRyan Shames, and The Buckinghams , Turtles, and a few others in 1968 at a local club in Indiana....Indiana Beach.
The WHO, Joplin, Yardbirds with Page, Jefferson Airplane, Beach Boys, etc all played there but my parents wouldn't let me go until I was 17 ,the summer of 68, so I missed some of them.

Last edited:

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Wow!.. what a gig, I missed these great 60s bands-just born a little late. Did you see The Seeds?
No...they weren't there as far as I recall.....I saw Alice Cooper in 69 and Chicago still called CTA in 69...also saw a band called Aorta (from Chicago) in the parking lot of a Catholic church in 69 in my neighborhood about 4 blocks from my house.
aorta-aorta-Cover-Art.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.